• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TBC: SW9 Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Being realistic the options for the likes of Duel and CATCF are cheap Ghostbusters style IP's (I can't even bare to think about this), SBNO for years, being replaced entirely by a costly/poorly thought out/implemented sub Terra/DBGT/I'm a celeb style attraction or a bit of a tart up and minor retheme.

I'll take the latter over any of the other options.

Think about it. If Nemesis needed a lot of work, I'd far sooner see them breath some life into the existing well designed coaster than fill the pit with a creepy woodland themed VR draped Gerst that takes 23 actors to operate.

SW9 won’t happen given the budget cuts. You will get a number of small to medium investments but nothing that will wow us.

Maybe sw9 will be a hotel?

I fear for the future how they can neglect the park and current hotel offerings but desire to build more accommodation is beyond me. What exactly are all these extra people meant to do? No rides no entertainment no water park no off park entertainment. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. My suspicions are they will sub let the park eventually and just manage the hotels.

SW9 won’t happen given the budget cuts. You will get a number of small to medium investments but nothing that will wow us.

Despite the announced cuts, that is simply not true. It is the big investments that pull in guests, they are more likely to scrap a few of the smaller investments than have lots of small investments and nothing major.

:)

Despite the announced cuts, that is simply not true. It is the big investments that pull in guests, they are more likely to scrap a few of the smaller investments than have lots of small investments and nothing major.

Whilst I agree and your right we are dealing with idiots

I agree the 100 million was additional money of course they are going to add rides but maybe not at the same rate they where planning.
There will be a SW9 because adding big coasters is crucial to their success as a Theme Park.
Over the next 5-10 years I think there’s going to be a lot of changes made to the park. Cloud Cuckoo land will more than likely get a re-theme or refurb. CBeebies will no doubt be expanded.
A decision will hopefully be made about sub-terra.
I’m hoping some flats get added.
And some rides will potentialy get removed (spinball).
As for what SW9 will be I was thinking the other day that an Xtreme spinning coaster form Mack like what Silver dollar city are getting would work really well at Alton. Maybe they could fit it in a big hole in Air/ Galacticas car park and include that land in the park. There’s so much potential with this ride system and with good theming they could make an amazing ride. They could even add a new flat to go with it.

A water ride seems like the obvious thing.
Merlin are always keen on creating revenue streams, and all those poncho sales and air dryers must have a 90%+ profit margin.

I really don’t think they should bother with water rides look at how few people go on Battle Galleons.
That comparison doesn't work. Battle Galleons is way too wet and an unsuitable attraction for a park in our climate. While a flume isn't.

A log flume is always a popular attraction, and therefore a worthwhile investment.
Tayto Park's new flume this summer was a massive hit. Valhalla at Blackpool is popular. Heck people even ride Chiapas in Phantasialand during the winter season!

A family flume is exactly what the park needs, far more than another coaster.

Just saying, I go on Battle Galleons most of the time when I go Towers, The only time I don't do it is when the park is open late. I get soaked on it but I'm usally dry within half an hour.

(400th Message!)

That comparison doesn't work. Battle Galleons is way too wet and an unsuitable attraction for a park in our climate. While a flume isn't.

A log flume is always a popular attraction, and therefore a worthwhile investment.
Tayto Park's new flume this summer was a massive hit. Valhalla at Blackpool is popular. Heck people even ride Chiapas in Phantasialand during the winter season!

A family flume is exactly what the park needs, far more than another coaster.
I don’t really think Merlin will put in another flume maybe a water coaster but a flume is not really something that the public demand for the park to get. I think new flats and ml work on other areas of the park are higher up the agenda.
Water rides are also very expensive to run as you have to pump a lot of water round the circuit and they can be quite maintanenece intensive.
What could work is a water coaster where there are magnetic brakes that can be installed under the water level in the splash down so the water level can be dropped to limit the splash and the train can still stop. If they did a water coaster it would be a great opertunity to the theme but I’m not sure where I would put it. Possiblely on the staff land behind Mutiny bay or Katanga Cannyon. All the major water infrastructure is focused in this area of the park.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.