• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Europa-Park General Discussion

Unexpected change by Fjord Rafting, the bridge over the lake at the entrance has been removed. Now guests no matter the queue length have to walk the whole extension queue around the lake to the station. The animatronic fisherman with a fish hanging off him however has been rehomed on the side of the new stairway added a couple seasons ago.

index.php

index.php

Presumably they can still use the gate near the tunnel to Iceland at quiet times?

Bit of an odd one that, unless there’s a reason for it which we’re not aware of. I’m guessing there is, but the only thing I can think of is it’s something to do with the winter event. Are they perhaps planning for a change to the usual ice rink layout?

This may be a lot about personal preferences....but I love the changes in the spanish area and especially the new terrace in front of the breach to the austrian area :hearteyes:

EDIT: Damn...I forgot the best...on that terrace they serve Erdinger Weizen "vom Fass" :hearteyes:

It does seem like an improvement that also opens that previously narrow pathway out a little. The facade is now a lot more articulated and interesting, plus it looks like a cracking place to sit with a sangria from Bodega.

It was interesting that they decided not to rebuild the shop where it was, which if I’m honest is what I’d expected. It looks to be the right decision though as they’ve nailed it with the new terrace.

An interesting choice to be able to see through the Spanish wall into Austria. Unless that's just temporary during construction?
On the one hand it'll add a lot of life to the area. But it also removes the isolated feel Spain used to have as its own distinct area.

I do wonder if we'll see a shop return here. Initially I thought they'd have to have one as it is one of the exits to the resort. But on reflection anyone leaving this way is a hotel guest anyway, and each hotel has its own shop.

I do love what they've done with Spain; a vast improvement from a thematic point of view and a new spot to grab a drink and have a sit down on park!

I suspect the Arena Bazar shop will remain, so there will still be a shop in Spain.

I do love what they've done with Spain; a vast improvement from a thematic point of view and a new spot to grab a drink and have a sit down on park!

I suspect the Arena Bazar shop will remain, so there will still be a shop in Spain.
I wonder where/if you'll be able to buy a drink here?

Apparently there have been some updates to the Arena Bazar. I’m not sure exactly what, but it sounds like it’s safe to assume it’ll stay in its new location. It obviously takes up the space of the Ice Bar in winter, but the Bar’s relocation to the stage canopy area was also a big improvement this year.

The new patio area seems to be part occupied by tables for Bodega, with a second section which is unallocated. Probably intended to be for the extended ice cream shop. Now, if only Bodega could revert to its more interesting tapas menu rather than yet more burgers…

I wonder where/if you'll be able to buy a drink here?
We were sitting there on Sunday ....and the staff from the Bodega served food and drinks there...they seemed to cover all the tables on the new terrace...not just a part...and they were fine with us just ordering an Erdinger without eating anything...that absolutely saved our day as there were no new rides to experience... :hearteyes:

According to the EP website, hotel bars are as follows:

Bar Commedia dell'Arte (Hotel Colosseo)
Daily: 9am-midnight

Bar Colosseo (Hotel Colosseo)
Daily: 8pm-2am

Bar Eriksson (Hotel Kronasar)
Daily: 10am-midnight

Bubba Svens Sports Bar (Hotel Kronasar)
Daily: 6pm-midnight

Bar Buena Vista Club (Hotel Castillo Alcazar/El Andaluz)
Friday & Saturday 8pm-midnight

Bar El Circo (Hotel Castillo Alcazar/El Andaluz)

Spirit of St. Louis (Hotel Bell Rock)

Roland Koch Lodge (Hotel Bell Rock)
CLOSED

Panoraama: The Rulantica Bar (Accessible via bridge from Hotel Kronasar)
Daily: 9am-10pm

The re-opening of Bar Colosseo every day is a very positive step. According to this, the only bar that is now limited is Buena Vista and obviously Roland Koch.

Let’s hope that these changes are here to stay and not just for the Easter period.

I do like the atmosphere of Bar Colosseo but seem to miss it as I’m not often there on weekends.

Same with Buena Vista, I wish it was open more regularly.