• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Europa-Park General Discussion

I’m struggling to understand this one. Isn’t the point of VR that it synchronises to the forces experienced on a ride system? With a trackless dark ride, surely the forces are going to be pretty negligible for any VR to sync with.

I’m going to have to eat my words on this one.

Europa Park are currently testing the new ride technology in the Dream Done in Croatia. It’s part of a Traumatica upcharge called Eden Manor, which is available to the regular perk guests late in the day from 5:30pm. The ride system operates in the Dome itself with a small marquee at the rear grow entry, exit and the fitting of the VR goggles.

The story itself is unintelligible - revolving around being transported to different places, which gives the ability for the ride system to show its many capabilities. You walk into the ride in your headset, similar to Can Can VR. The vehicles are dynamic enough to produce quite a considerable force to coincide with the screen movement shown and even small movements are more perceptible than I thought. There are some really quite large jerks, acceleration and deceleration than I expected could be achieved. In addition there are smell pods, fans and heat lamps on the cars to add to the sensory experience. Graphics remain a little 2000s computer game-y.

It’s a fascinating bit of technology. I’m personally not a VR fan and so it’s not really up my street, but I was surprised in the motion of the vehicles and the heat lamps in particular was a nice touch. Thinking about how the technology might be used, it feels like an evolution to a simulator attraction.

Intriguing stuff from Mack.

This incarnation of the vehicle is the toned-down version. They can accelerate and turn much quicker if required.