• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Europa-Park General Discussion

On a tangent…

I’ve always wondered why it’s the union flag outside the park when they don’t really have a Welsh or Scottish area?

They should replace the Russian flag with an Irish one and the union flag with a cross of St George.

On a tangent…

I’ve always wondered why it’s the union flag outside the park when they don’t really have a Welsh or Scottish area?

They should replace the Russian flag with an Irish one and the union flag with a cross of St George.
I suppose it more to do with them having flags to represent the nations of Europe rather than themed area's however it seems most people abroad don't realise that England isn't the only country in the UK and that the flag represents all of them.

Hope - this is the right place to post this? I contacted EP back in December 2021 about whether they would bring back the Round Trip hotel experience - they said no plans to. Does anyone have any information as to whether they might bring this back in 2022 or 2023?

Hope - this is the right place to post this? I contacted EP back in December 2021 about whether they would bring back the Round Trip hotel experience - they said no plans to. Does anyone have any information as to whether they might bring this back in 2022 or 2023?
I believe it's partly due to them not having sold Clubcards since the start of the pandemic, which were always included in your stay, although why they couldn't just issue 2x 3-day tickets I'm not sure. I'd hazard a guess that it's not a particularly popular package. The prices were always really good for what you got, but most people (especially if visiting as a family) are probably going to get priced out of it considering it's 6 nights on resort. It was only ever during off-peak dates that it'd be available anyway.

It'll certainly be interesting to see what EP do going forwards in terms of Clubcards and the hotel hopper. I'm booked in for 5 nights at Bell Rock next month, and when doing the online check-in yesterday I was prompted for a Clubcard number, so they may have intentions to bring back sooner rather than later. :)

I believe it's partly due to them not having sold Clubcards since the start of the pandemic, which were always included in your stay, although why they couldn't just issue 2x 3-day tickets I'm not sure. I'd hazard a guess that it's not a particularly popular package. The prices were always really good for what you got, but most people (especially if visiting as a family) are probably going to get priced out of it considering it's 6 nights on resort. It was only ever during off-peak dates that it'd be available anyway.

It'll certainly be interesting to see what EP do going forwards in terms of Clubcards and the hotel hopper. I'm booked in for 5 nights at Bell Rock next month, and when doing the online check-in yesterday I was prompted for a Clubcard number, so they may have intentions to bring back sooner rather than later. :)
Thanks Burbs - we booked for June 2020 back in 2019 - and although it was kind of extortionate around £2000 it compares brilliantly to a Disney etc stay - and it was the only way my wife was going to go (she liked the idea of someone moving your stuff around and getting to stay in nice hotels!!). When you added in the annual pass, you could visit again and make it a decent package. Maybe, it's still a covid issue - see they are quite stringent in Germany - although we got Phantasialand in October me and my son and it wasn't too bad.

The good thing about it in 2019 anyway was that UK school holidays didn't correspond with German/Rust holidays - I still thought they should have included at least one pass for Rulatica if I'm honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they bring it back - seems to be quite a unique experience and now there's the water park, I feel I could happily have 5 full park days, rather than the 5 before that you'd have to spend in the main park (unless you take a trip out to somewhere midweek), which even as the EP fanboy I am is a bit overkill.

The water park I thought could take up the day you are at the cheap hotel Kronassis 3 days on park good and a day at the Alpine coasters not far away - 3 days this year in a hotel is over £1000 even without tickets so it was a good deal - I think there main reason for cancelling was Covid but now I guess it's not economic for some reason:

The new clubcards should be announced this week the park have said in Facebook comments.
Hopefuly will be back next year for the Round Trip then - couldn't go this year now as booked Plobsa de Panne and Efteling as they have been easier to book with plus planned AT annual pass - would love to be able to visit next year.

I can't see the Round Trip returning although, unlike Phantasialand, annual passes will (next week).

1. With 6 hotels now, this would mean that the Round Trip includes one of the peak nights of the week (Friday or Saturday).. this was never the case before. 6 nights is also too long for the vast bulk of people - even die hards.
  2. The price will have had to rise around 20% due to the extra night
  3. The vast, vast majority of people simply do not want to change rooms every night. The park are unlikely to re-introduce it for the sake of a few dozen groups of enthusiasts per year
  4. It's a hassle administratively for the park, for little to no benefit
My thoughts. anyway.

F77C0331-7023-4CBE-A3DF-B522CA9BE1FB.jpeg26173EC3-37C3-49BF-AB56-29472903606C.jpeg

So the passes are out. The Gold pass is only really worth it if you visit on blackout dates, which are mainly weekends in August and Oct.

Also you have to pre book the visit (upto 5 at a time) on the app. No cost applies.

If you’re staying on site, resort guests get access without pre booking a slot.

On sale in Mid May.

Note - those prices are for child/senior passes. Adult passes are €225 for silver and €395 for gold.

Yeah sorry John….would’ve helped if I’d added the prices.

Certainly an interesting structure, I’ll be opting for silver every year and planning around the blackout dates.

Also disappointing they couldn’t get this up and running for season start. I have 5 days there in April and then 6 in July. I can only get a pass for the July trip.

I can’t see the value in the gold pass personally. I’m also surprised they didn’t add evening Rulantica access for the gold pass, making it more attractive.

Last edited:
It’s good that if you are staying on resort you can use your silver pass on blackout dates. That will certainly help if you are stopping over. Gold one seems a little bit pricy really compared to the silver. But I’m glad to see them return.

Can’t seem to find any mention of the partner perks yet though.

I don’t think you can use it on blackout dates when staying over.

Staying in a hotel just means that you don’t have to book the days of your visit.

Edit, you’re right.

Attachments

• 8745E87C-9E8C-49DB-9402-4923BABBE072.png
    8745E87C-9E8C-49DB-9402-4923BABBE072.png
    343.6 KB · Views: 16
The gold pass does mention that it includes partner parks, but not what they are. I would imagine same as previously.
Silver pass blackout dates also include run up to new year.
How much was the previous pass pre 2020? It was approaching €300 if I recall?
With the added benefit of 2 water park visits and what would be the usual increases over the last 3 seasons, whilst pricey it seems in line with what I’d expect. Though a lot more than the silver. Shame silver doesn’t include run up to New Year