• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Anyone else see the Nemesis monster in these new symbols? Looks like it from above, you can see the 'pincers'. Can see this possibly being fed into a new storyline addition where a group of rebels are trying to reveal the truth about what is happening at the Nemesis site, where the creature is reborn, whereas the Phalanx are trying to cover it up.

Attachments

• nem.png
    nem.png
    172.5 KB · Views: 57
I know there's a bit of an obsession over the speed of all this, but there's still a hell of a lot of work to be done. This isn't just a case of chucking in the track and supports and they're good to go. Yesterday during park hours, they were busy putting in concrete prior to the track work taking place overnight:

IMG_5983.jpg

2024 seems a long way away, but we're currently about 317 days from the likely opening date next year of 16th March. Take off the days for when:
  • Construction teams need days off
  • Major work can't take place as the park is open to guests, especially when the later openings start
  • It's too windy to operate the crane
  • It's too wet to work with concrete, or where they have to wait for concrete to properly cure
  • The time for likely re theming works to the area and station
  • Testing and commissioning that'll have to take place
  • Staff training taking place
  • Allocating some contingency time for unforeseen problems
Then those 317 days doesn't seem like a whole lot!

I passed a truck carrying supports on Star Bank when leaving the park yesterday, so there's certainly lots going on. But, don't forget the sheer amount of steelwork that needs to turn up to complete this project. There's 89 brand new supports, even with 2 or 3 on each truck that's probably 35+ truckloads alone before you even get into the track pieces which are pretty much only one on each trailer.

Good to see these little additions to the whole story being added as the season progresses too, and the little teasers on webpages etc - love a slow burning campaign! Hopefully we'll be getting another video in the coming weeks too :).

I’m curious, I’m regards to the ‘veins’ painted on the track, where is this scenic painting applied? In the UK then transported to Towers for installation? Or applied with/at B&M in the US? A bit of a boring question I know, but I’m interested in the logistics.

If you told me last year there will be scenic painting applied I would assume this would be applied on site at Alton Towers by MMM, this doesn’t seem to be the case.

Great summary @Craig, no doubt this will be something brought up constantly throughout the season as more and more track appears, need your post pinned at the top of every page! :laughing:

I think it will be great if all/the majority of track is up by Scarefest/Fireworks (I’m not expecting this, I don’t know the schedule), so marketing can have it lit up at night with actors to ramp up the hype.

I’m curious, I’m regards to the ‘veins’ painted on the track, where is this scenic painting applied? In the UK then transported to Towers for installation? Or applied with/at B&M in the US? A bit of a boring question I know, but I’m interested in the logistics.
My guess is it's being done in the UK externally, wrapped and then shipped over to Towers. I don't think MMM have the manpower or the space to do it in-house.
I think it will be great if all/the majority of track is up by Scarefest/Fireworks (I’m not expecting this, I don’t know the schedule), so marketing can have it lit up at night with actors to ramp up the hype.
My assumption (and hope!) is that'd be the case - I'd be surprised if it wasn't. Getting the old counter out again, there's 132 days from 5th November to the probable start of season. Four and a bit months for commissioning, training and theming work sounds about right. Discussing it yesterday while we were on obzy platz (sorry), it'd be good to see the track all up and lit, the station covered up and actors/lighting/sounds going on down there toward the back end of this season.

I just pray to the coaster gods they don't include the dreaded VR headsets, as that will be a catastrophe and instant no-no in everyone's eyes.
I never got to try VR so I’m a little curious as to what it would be like and why everyone seems to hate it. They stopped it on galactica the year I was hoping to try it. I think they also closed DBGT the year I planned to visit so I seem to be a hex on VR - where would people like me to visit next? 😉

I don't think we need to be moving this topic into a conversation about VR. It was tried on Galactica and it failed - badly. There's absolutely no suggestion at present of any sort of VR on Nemesis, unless that changes it's not really worthy of discussion in the topic.

Let's keep this topic to what is going on and substantiated rumours :)

At the moment the work has a perfect mix of park opening hours in which to get any ground works done and then still having a good four hours of sunlight after closure to actually get track installed without having to concern themselves with Galactica. Would imagine these next few weeks will be where work seems to be getting done the fastest, with it slowing down slightly as the park hours extend mid-season. As Craig listed, there are plenty of reasons why this project could face delays so the more time they get ahead at this point, the better equipped they'll be to deal with any issues and still be able to open come March.

I've a theory on how to turn the rivers around it red (though will only work at night). Waterproof led strips, solar powered to keep power costs down and a photosensor to determine when they come on. But other than that there staying clear but my thoughts on a way to turn the waters red again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've a theory on how to turn the rivers around it red (though will only work at night). Waterproof led strips, solar powered to keep power costs down and a photosensor to determine when they come on. But other than that there staying clear but my thoughts on a way to turn the waters red again.
Or...
051317_front.jpg
"Nemesis: Re30rn!! Now sponsored by Robinsons Summer Fruits!"

Anyway, on a more honest note. I'm sure LEDs would work, but the effect wouldn't look that great during the daytime. Why not try a bio friendly Dye, or fix the system and prevent it from leaking again.

Last edited:
I've just had a weird thought, to my knowledge is nemesis the only major attraction without a gift shop in the park? Also it would be nice to add the nemesis nosh food stall back like to increase the theming around the main attraction
Whats your thoughts about it?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.