• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
At this rate I'm certain we will be seeing the ride testing by Scarefest and we could see an event based around it maybe as in the creature finally awakes?

I’m less convinced, we are nearly into August and we still have the 1st turn, barrel roll, helix, roll over the station to install. Add to that the repaint of the lift hill and brake run, electrics and station refurb (they will need to block the entrance and exit of the station to do that).

I think it’s more likely they start testing in the closed season.

I’m sorry but how can anyone say the old track looks better than this it was so dull? I’m not sure if enthusiasts are really particular here or just anti black now. But I guarantee most guests are going to be so drawn to the shiny/striking blood veins bleeding out of that incredible monster station. If they manage to get the blood falls on, it’s going to look the most epic coaster in the whole park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t mind the track colour.

I’m assuming the monster will be getting painted in darker colours to compliment the style of the new track. A black and fleshy Nemesis would be grand. Hopefully with added effects. I can’t wait to see the finished product.

I think it looks brilliant, yet with bird droppings and general weather that high gloss black look won't be there for long..

It’s nice to hear positive feedback above
I think we should enjoy it and take what it is for now and for some time, then we can worry and speculate once it does weather, it might actually suit that look who knows?

I like the track, but my concerns over it are the usual - maintenance and future upkeep.

It'll probably be covered in green moss in a few years time and it'll look awful. At least with the old white track it (sort of) blended in to the track a bit more.

I like the track, but my concerns over it are the usual - maintenance and future upkeep.

It'll probably be covered in green moss in a few years time and it'll look awful. At least with the old white track it (sort of) blended in to the track a bit more.
AT doesn't have a great track (heh) record of keeping their black coasters nice

It’s nice to hear positive feedback above
I think we should enjoy it and take what it is for now and for some time, then we can worry and speculate once it does weather, it might actually suit that look who knows?

Yes it could well do, yet its inevitable it will not stay shiny for long as many have previously echoed. For now it's look lush !

I’m sorry but how can anyone say the old track looks better than this it was so dull? I’m not sure if enthusiasts are really particular here or just anti black now. But I guarantee most guests are going to be so drawn to the shiny/striking blood veins bleeding out of that incredible monster station. If they manage to get the blood falls on, it’s going to look the most epic coaster in the whole park.

If you don't include Nemesis' new colour, nearly every Merlin ride in the UK has been painted in black from Smiler, Thirteen and Saw and that's not including the other rides that halve the colour like Oblivion. Had for example all the other rides had stand out colours like say Smiler painted in yellow, Thirteen green etc then I honestly wouldn't have much to say about the track colours.

It is such a pet peeve of mine as I like diversity of colours with the rides instead of all of them being the same. Yes, Project Horizon is likely a another black colour for its track but at the very least being enclosed is for good reason.

no it’s gold.
I think you might be confusing Project Horizon with Project Exodus; Project Exodus is Thorpe Park’s hyper coaster, which is to be gold, while Project Horizon is Alton Towers’ indoor coaster, which has not had a colour confirmed yet.

An easy mistake to make, though; it’s hard to keep track of all these “Projects”!

I think its perfect. Black and red looks very evil and menacing. I know a lot of people think it looks tacky but I disagree. I think it fits perfectly, it looks very 90s and quite vibrant like a monster from a comic book, which is exactly what nemesis is supposed to be in my opinion. I think its a fantastic nod to its 90s comic book image if that makes sense.

I've got to say, I really did like the track when I first saw it back in April. Only the final turn was in but now most of the layout is in, I think it looks absolutely fantastic and I like it even more. I wonder how snazzy the new trains might be.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.