• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
In my opinion id have nemsises as just the creature and id retheme galactica. Id have painted on the building Phalanx research centre with the various military symbols. Add a few bits of military theming to the queue line and tidy up the track whether thats a repaint or a clean. Make it the observation poont of thr phalanx watching over nemises. It could be called project Galactaca

I know sub terra is a research centre type theme aswell but that i think you can have both.

Then id have a new flat ride which could be themed into the weapon to control nemises

Last edited:
I personally can’t see testing happening by scarefest. Whilst I’m confident that the new track will be in place by then, there’s no way all the predicted new theming would be complete by then meaning you’d have trains flying round with scaffolding all over the place and contractors still working on-site. For obvious reasons, having trains going round whilst work is still being done is a recipe for disaster.

I’ll eat my hat if I’m proven wrong but I’d bet good money that Nemesis will still be a building site come Scarefest, even if the track is complete.

Whilst the track is going up very fast, there is still finishing work to be done on the footers once the track is bolted in. I can't see them wanting it to be testing in open season so they can keep the new trains under wraps & any extra surprises that may be in store secret. Merlin are spending a not inconsiderable sum to keep Nemesis going in a new guise for the next 25 years or so. They will want the "bang for their buck" on the marketing blitz pre-season next year.

Of course, this is easier said than done to an extent, as we know people have drones & the hotels don't completely close in closed season, so access to the park is not exactly restricted.

I imagine there will be loads of marketing videos and all sorts for the first trains going round. Rumours suggest September. So I could see them trying to get it tested when the park closes early, possibly testing at night to get some awful footage. But we shall see.

I imagine there will be loads of marketing videos and all sorts for the first trains going round. Rumours suggest September. So I could see them trying to get it tested when the park closes early, possibly testing at night to get some awful footage. But we shall see.
Absolutely, but September seems incredibly early to be sending trains round considering it’s two weeks away and the track isn’t even complete yet.

Plus even then, you’ve still got scaffolding surrounding the lift hill and the station, neither of which are anywhere near having their painting finished yet, plus I don’t think there’s been any sign of mechanical maintenance on the lift hill or brake run? Even if the lift hill is completed within the next 4 weeks, the station will also have to be complete so they can remove the scaffolding prior to sending trains, and from recent photos it looks months away.

Again I may be wrong with all this but I just can’t see any testing taking place until the season ends.

I reckon we might see testing starting mid-late October. I can imagine a lot of if not all of the ride system will be replaced / upgraded too, not too sure how long that would take.

I still think there will be some sort of Phalanx scare zone around the area at Scarefest with the ride testing as a backdrop with themed lighting and effects.

If they're changing the control system, which you would imagine they are doing, then it takes a long time to commission it. It involves testing every switch and sensor, every actuator, motor etc and then every possible fault code, every ride mode and function, cycling trains and validating timings etc as well as completing x cycles before you can even consider letting the first person ride it. You then have to consider the training for operations and maintenance as well.

I also don't see this testing until next year. (Or at least closed season). They've just started making progress on repairing the station. They aren't going to stop, take down all the scaffolding, let them run the train for a month, then put the scaffolding back up again. Best to finish the station now, and while the weather is good.
Not even considering they'd probably need to start the clearance tests again once the station repairs are complete, so they'd still end up testing it in Jan/Feb anyway.

Would be very surprised if the testing isn't a huge part of the storyline we'll be getting in the month prior to the opening day. They're going to market the hell out of this thing come the Spring.

while the weather is good.
Is it?

Jokes aside I do agree with you also on the lift hill I wonder there much other components likely to get replaced such as the chain on the lift also brakes on the brake run I wonder just because if these are getting old you'd imagine they want everything up to scratch now since the rest of the ride is going to be ready for the future.

I also think it doesn't make sense to have it testing in public even if it was ready right now since it's going to be their 'new' shiny ride to keep people coming until project horizon comes around and I feel it's a bit early marketing wise for people to feel it's basically complete in September.

I'm skeptical that we'll see it tested this season (refer back to all the other posts about sensors, other building work, public confusion etc.). If we were to see it test though, it'd be really cool if they did a scheduled run during Fireworks, similar to how last year had all the hazmat dudes swarming the site. Almost like the creature is starting to reawaken a year after it fell asleep...

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.