• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
If it didn't before then I can't see why it would do now. However, I did notice last week that Black Mamba at Phantasialand had a maximum height of 1.95m.

Damn, don't like the art style in Curse at all.

Really? Goodness you have never mentioned that before. I’m shocked I tell thee….

As already stated they will work to the specification given by the designer (though as that’s the same people who designed Curse you may be out of luck 🤷‍♂️ ).

Regarding black around FV. If it’s the background to add detail on like they have with the track I think it will be fine. If it’s just darkness as far as the eye can see then I will be less keen.

So, we expecting another Phalanx video/ event with the fireworks? Probably about time they started going further with the 'Seek the Truth' thing
Would be the perfect opportunity to do an anonymous style hacker video with a dialogue of exposing the phalanx. If I was them I would do it after every show! Get as many people talking as possible.

I suspect that there might be something at the end of the show on Sunday. It would make sense, what with it being the last time the park is fully open before next season. Nothing on the scale of last year of course, but maybe something.

Interested to see how Forbidden Valley 2.0 turns out. The nostalgic side of me is sad to see post-apocalyptic junkyard theme departing, but Merlin have done some really nice jobs with theming as of late, so retaining some optimism.

As someone mentioned previously, gloss black buildings and track alongside an overgrown rocky pit could be quite jarring, but I do think the combination of sci-fi architecture and wild, natural elements can work quite well (Pandora at animal kingdom is a prime example of this). If this theme of the Phalanx setting up shop in what was previously the dystopian Forbidden Valley is executed in a detailed and considered way, I think it could be excellent. The juxtaposition of the rocky wasteland with modern black military structures could be something quite original and rich in story, or it could end up looking lazy and confused. I just hope the budget is there for it to be done properly.

I also wonder if we will see Blade and other theming elements around the area brought in line with this new look.

Interested to see how Forbidden Valley 2.0 turns out. The nostalgic side of me is sad to see post-apocalyptic junkyard theme departing, but Merlin have done some really nice jobs with theming as of late, so retaining some optimism.

I'm just concerned that we could end up with two very similar 'sinister organization' themed areas. The apocalyptic look distinguished it from X-Sector even if there was some 'military' presence around.
Having both a 'Gloomy Wood' and a 'Dark Forest' was already pretty bad...

I'm just concerned that we could end up with two very similar 'sinister organization' themed areas. The apocalyptic look distinguished it from X-Sector even if there was some 'military' presence around.
Agreed. I'm just hoping the existing rocky wasteland of FV will give it some originality. Hopefully the focus will remain on the alien itself rather than the Phalanx, I'd like to think that would make the areas different enough.
Having both a 'Gloomy Wood' and a 'Dark Forest' was already pretty bad...
And don't forget the cursed branch of Hex!

Tentacles have been added to the nemesis entrance, very similarly like sub terras too but this looks to be a full loop of one big one.
Thank you towers for doing this for me specifically <3

Like the colour or not it's going to be the best looking ride in the park and by some way
Best looking so far it will likely make the other rides around it look far worse. For the cost of some paint it’s worth going round them all in close season.

I don’t think they need to add too much theming to the ride, it was always a no thrills classic B&M. Although waterfalls back on would be unbelievable.

So, we expecting another Phalanx video/ event with the fireworks? Probably about time they started going further with the 'Seek the Truth' thing

Didn’t John burton recently post a picture of him in phalanx gear? For filming perhaps

As stated I’d be very surprised if not given the opportunity and the buzz it generated last year. It was incredibly well done, the “alternative reality” aspect of FV changing throughout the day was one of the most brilliantly creative things I’ve seen AT do for a long time.

The ability to tell a story over years, set within “The Alton Towers Universe” is very powerful and something id like to see them play on more linking the park together story wise

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.