• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
We could go around forever as to why the red dye disappeared, as we have done in the many previous discussions on this subject.

The question was whether the many rumours floating around about the effects of the dye are urban myths or not. The only public fact we have is that the falls stopped being dyed. There's absolutely zero verifiable proof out there of the effects of water being released, such as plants being dyed or anything else that's floating around. I'd be cautious of believing that to be honest, based on the fact that the moss and rocks etc surrounding the area didn't really get stained despite being submersed in it.

But anyway, since we don't have proof of anything after all these years and we're over a page into discussion just about the falls just based off what people have heard, I doubt we're likely going to get anywhere with discussion, so we're best moving on I think :)

I suppose one 'benefit' of Nemesis having a second construction period, is the chance for enthusiasts to go over every single element of the attraction in minute detail - quite interesting to see an older ride get so much attention again...but my lord this thread is going to be a monster come 2024, even with @Craig and Co valiantly trying to stop things going out of control 😅

Do we know how much of the forbidden valley area around Nemesis will be accessible this season? Wondering if they're blocking it off so you only have access to blade from one direction.

Do we know how much of the forbidden valley area around Nemesis will be accessible this season? Wondering if they're blocking it off so you only have access to blade from one direction.

I resent using the clickbaity drone videos as a source however if you observe the most recent one, you will see what looks like the beginnings of semi permanent fencing being installed around the helix, past the photo booth and up past the Coffee shop. I imagine it will have some Towers vinyl special added to it ready for the season.

Knowing AT they'll probably just remove Blade instead

CEB60D0E-C0F6-42C9-A00C-3FF6E94A6FBA.jpeg7A52A4DF-7134-4EE0-9BAD-830F59F0C08C.jpegA wall has started to be built around the site now, ready for when the park opens next weekend for its first buy out weekend. I guess they’ll probably add some banners or posters soon.

The fence is actually a lot closer to the ride than I imagined, pretty much just along it’s usual ride area fence near Galactica and coffee lounge.

I’m guessing they don’t need to room around that end of the ride for foundations and supports to go in, and then they’ll do the track work at that end of the site later in the year.

trump wall GIF

CEB60D0E-C0F6-42C9-A00C-3FF6E94A6FBA.jpeg7A52A4DF-7134-4EE0-9BAD-830F59F0C08C.jpegA wall has started to be built around the site now, ready for when the park opens next weekend for its first buy out weekend. I guess they’ll probably add some banners or posters soon.

The fence is actually a lot closer to the ride than I imagined, pretty much just along it’s usual ride area fence near Galactica and coffee lounge.

I’m guessing they don’t need to room around that end of the ride for foundations and supports to go in, and then they’ll do the track work at that end of the site later in the year.

A proper wall was always going to be needed for Health & Safety reasons - I would expect banners and/or posters to be added, possibly a construction window or two also, as these both Wicker-Man & Air construction fences had these.

Do remember that some enthusiasts (mainly ones with websites covering Air's build) were making unauthorised visits onto the Air construction site with their cameras. No way can Towers risk anything like this nowadays for reasons obvious. If some idiot were to gain access to the site and slip fall (some nice deep holes on Nemesis) you can imagine the headlines in the press when they got hold of it, just because it is an Alton Towers "safety" story that makes good headlines.

Do remember that some enthusiasts (mainly ones with websites covering Air's build) were making unauthorised visits onto the Air construction site with their cameras. No way can Towers risk anything like this nowadays for reasons obvious. If some idiot were to gain access to the site and slip fall (some nice deep holes on Nemesis) you can imagine the headlines in the press when they got hold of it, just because it is an Alton Towers "safety" story that makes good headlines.
Given the ease of access to drone photography/videography, I can't imagine this being an issue.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.