• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Anyone else think they might have this done before the end of the season?
I think if anything, theming / area updates might be the deal breaker for an early opening. Repainting the station alone took TLC 3 years (albeit with a phased approach), so could depend on how extensive MLM's plans are? That said, they might be planning on just sticking some more shipping containers about and calling it a day...

Not to mention continuing footer work, staff training, the queue line and area needing to be cleaned up and the lift hill/station track needing to be stripped back and have sandblasting and repainting completed. Thatā€™s all got to go on with the restrictions from the crane working at height and the theme park operating too.

Itā€™s their big addition/return for 2024, theyā€™ll want the time to get it right and have a proper marketing buildup rather than open toward the end of a season.

NemesisStation.png

Now that we know the track will have the vein effect painted on, I hope this extends to a repaint and refresh of the monster and trains. I did a mock-up above but the blood red colours could really pop against a darker, less fleshy alien

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but if the start of Nemesis (lift hill?) isn't being replaced won't that still be the old colour?

People seem to be forgetting that paint exists!

I assume the old trains aren't in suitable condition to be refurbed and will be replaced, however I imagine it wouldn't be insurmountable to retheme them if they were reusing them. Not sure the newer-style B&M invert trains are compatible with Nemesis' profile, I think they're slightly bigger so might be a custom order for the older style.

Obviously the lift hill, brake run and most likely the Nemesis monster will be getting a retheme in line with the new track design.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.