• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I am still wondering if they will utilise any of the old track within the project?

I know the vast majority would have been scrapped, did they not keep the loop sections?

I am still wondering if they will utilise any of the old track within the project?

I know the vast majority would have been scrapped, did they not keep the loop sections?
Lift hill, brake run and station track is still all the same the rest seems to scrapped.

When it comes to utilizing for the old track for the project there's not a huge amount they can do because of the sheer weight of the track so there's no putting it hanging out of the station or nothing.
Unless you're talking about propping some up or lying around in the extended queue line sort of thing but, you can go online and see most of it making its way or sat for collection at towers for the scrap yard though.

I really hope they don't repaint the creature! I just hope they freshen it up a bit, I think it'd look horrendous if it was repaired in black and red.
As much as I have said what I've thought about the black track, I'd honestly wouldn't have a problem if they repainted the monster in black and red as it could end actually adding something different to the Nemesis lore. With the whole idea of Nemesis being 'reborn', could it be that this new Nemesis is the son and that seeing a black and red Nemesis might actually be what the male side of the species look like if the O.G Nemesis has been female in which if you know of male and female animals being of different colours, what about the same for the Nemesis species in which the female version was the bone grey colour of before while the male version has a vein look that is more fleshy and would add that extra lore factor to it which I don't think was there in the original backstory other than it was just some alien creature from some far off galaxy and we don't know how many of Nemesis' kind there was.

Hell, this actually might be used as a perfect plot thread to explain Sub Terra's closure if they want to bring up it reopening in which the Nemesis that hatched is the one that Phalanx captured and kept undercover for many years before it got too big and now has return to the gravesite of its mother if it has been put down by Phalanx and will follow in its mother's path in which will let out its rage if the old Nemesis is discovered to be dead and I haven't mentioned the other hatched eggs on that ride...

At the truck depot the previous day to the video shoot:

Boss: "Oi Clive, we've gorra drop at Alton Towers tomorra, ya know, the feem park".
Driver (Clive): "Oh arrr??".
Boss: "Yeah, extra hundred quid if you stick a mask on and this white jumpsuit thingy".
Driver: "Call it £150 and we've got a deal".
Boss: "Sorted".

Love everything about this, this is Alton Towers doing what they do best. It’s just a shame it feels a bit overshadowed at times by other failings across the resort and the wider merlin group. Let’s hope that along side this, Alton Manor and Project Horizon the park also take the same effort with general maintenance and cleanliness. This shows what they can do when they put their mind, money and effort into things! They know how to do it, please for the love of god apply it to everything.

At the truck depot the previous day to the video shoot:

Boss: "Oi Clive, we've gorra drop at Alton Towers tomorra, ya know, the feem park".
Driver (Clive): "Oh arrr??".
Boss: "Yeah, extra hundred quid if you stick a mask on and this white jumpsuit thingy".
Driver: "Call it £150 and we've got a deal".
Boss: "Sorted".
Given these difficult times, suppose people will do anything for money I guess.

Love everything about this, this is Alton Towers doing what they do best. It’s just a shame it feels a bit overshadowed at times by other failings across the resort and the wider merlin group. Let’s hope that along side this, Alton Manor and Project Horizon the park also take the same effort with general maintenance and cleanliness. This shows what they can do when they put their mind, money and effort into things! They know how to do it, please for the love of god apply it to everything.
I just hope that this doesn't fizzle out throughout the year. No reason to believe there won't be a reference to it at fireworks - be it in the main display or afterwards like last year. Maybe even a scare maze like Wicker Man's The Welcoming and The Smiler's The Sanctuary?

I can just see next February and March there being quick 2 second advert flashing up the Phalanx logo at the start of breaks of Saturday Night Takeaway (and other popular shows) with a fuller "Phalanx" advert further in. All just to tease it more.

If it was going to a be a brief campaign you’d imagine that they’d start it next year.

My guess is that it’s planned at separate phases, ie things like the track being delivered etc.

I would imagine they’ll be more to come when Sub Terra eventually re-opens.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.