• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'm not really confident of what they could do the station, hopefully they'll only remove tiny chunks of it off like we see here.
Bear in mind that the monster is made of fibreglass and hasn’t had much refurbishment work in the 30 years it’s been up, it probably all needs to be replaced by now. I’d be more concerned if they weren’t doing a massive amount of work on it

Last edited:
IMG_8680.jpeg
Does this qualify Nemesis as a Christmas ride (in the same aspect that Die Hard is a Christmas movie)?

Looks better in person to what I had expected in all honesty. The track is flying in now. Will have it all in by summer I would think.
Well I hope this wasn't fabricated directly after their Christmas Party!

Seen this end of the track on a few vlogs too and on TPWW's one you can almost make out what's written under the barcode. One line is Gross weight I think, but I couldn't see the value. Would be interesting to know what each one of these weigh!

That picture makes me wish the spine was texture powder coated, despite it being completely inappropriate as I imagine the vibration of the train would make it crack and fall off

Looks to me like they’re not removing it yet but opening up a hole to see the state of the structure underneath. That’ll determine how much work needs to be done.
Not much to compare it to, but is this normal? You’d think they would’ve figured out how much work they need to do to the station some time ago

Not much to compare it to, but is this normal? You’d think they would’ve figured out how much work they need to do to the station some time ago
I mean it's only my own thoughts, but I guess it's difficult to actually determine the state of things underneath without destroying/damaging what's already there. If you're doing that when the ride is open, you're spending money patching it for a matter of months/weeks. I'd be surprised if this lot below was still in a decent state after 30 years mind!

38646548284_d92235a8d7_o-topaz-denoise-sharpen.jpg

I mean it's only my own thoughts, but I guess it's difficult to actually determine the state of things underneath without destroying/damaging what's already there. If you're doing that when the ride is open, you're spending money patching it for a matter of months/weeks. I'd be surprised if this lot below was still in a decent state after 30 years mind!

38646548284_d92235a8d7_o-topaz-denoise-sharpen.jpg

That's what the station would have looked like on opening if Nemesis was built in 2010. Scaffolding and bare wood, just slop some paint on and it'd open.

Well I hope this wasn't fabricated directly after their Christmas Party!

Seen this end of the track on a few vlogs too and on TPWW's one you can almost make out what's written under the barcode. One line is Gross weight I think, but I couldn't see the value. Would be interesting to know what each one of these weigh!
It states 9688.9 if that helps you?

It states 9688.9 if that helps you?
Thanks
According to this old CoasterBuzz thread, B&M track is around one ton for every 3 feet. Who knows how accurate that is though.
If that figure of 9688 is kilograms then that piece is 9.6 tonnes, or if it is pounds then it's only 4.3 tonnes. My guess is it's nearer the 10 tonne mark, if that formula is right it would make the track about 18ft (5.5m) - which looks about right?

Don’t see them sticking with the same style of design or even reverting back to the old one. Wouldn’t strike any chords with 99% of the visitors and I’m sure they want their own stamp on it like with Alton Manor. Also I don’t think the previous designs fit into what we’ve seen so far regarding the reemergence of The Phalanx.

Personally I love the current logo however understand if they were to change it.

One thing for certain is I hope the current marketing style isn't necessarily the final design to be used for the ride as I think its really boring and basic. It's often the case that the final design language isn't revealed until end of season/preceding closed season so I hope that is also true here.

New logo revealed
8452ee7161652268c8436fc3354d6dde.jpg

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.