• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I still havn't ruled out these being used to replace the current fake track on the station. They even look roughly the right shape for this purpose.

I know every time I post this someone says "but they are too heavy to use as themeing" and discussion instantly stops. But I'd argue that not only is the weight not an issue but there are plenty of examples that back this up. Hulk reused it's track in exactly the same way. Giant themed pieces, as seen on The Smiler and Wickerman, are at their core a massive steel structure. And let's not forget the giant corkscrews over the park entrance.

All they need to do is fix one end of the track to a suitable section of foundation. One that is no different to the foundation currently being put in for the new supports (it doesn't even need to be as strong as the track won't be taking the load of a heavy train moving at speed).

If they actually do this is still yet to be seen. But there's only 2 reasons that track is still sitting there:
1. They couldn't take it to the scrapyard like the rest of the pieces
2. It still has a purpose.

What you need to remember too, due to the high strength nature of metal, the track could very easily be self supported via the base, in such a way to give the appearance it is coming out the station, without actually bearing any weight onto the station itself.

All this can be done without compromising the actual track piece itself. (going back to the high strength nature of metal)

So yeah, I wouldn't rule out it potentially being used for the station, the weight issue can be made irrelevant with some carful fixing at the base of the track itself.

If you look at all the existing fake track it isn't even load bearing on the station anyway. The track is at the end of its (for want to a better word) legs. Meaning they directly touch the ground. The arch part of the structure connects it to the station.

Surprised it’s just there unsupervised allowing people to snoop around it. Don’t let the scrap men find it or Nemesis could be kept back until 2025 opening.

I've often wondered why they store it in the open with no fences?! Like any person could just walk up to it. Imagine some criminals damaging the new tracks using tools?

I've often wondered why they store it in the open with no fences?! Like any person could just walk up to it. Imagine some criminals damaging the new tracks using tools?

I think it was left in the open in a area because they didnt expect anyone to find it.

It wont be long till theres fences around it now :sweatsmile:

before the corkscrew was put in the tunnel track was took off as well no idea why they’ve done it again with the stall turn

Making sure it fits correctly before installing other pieces and reinstalling?

There is now no track in the car park near the Galactigate

Trial fitting maybe which is more important than actually bolting them in place...likely something Merlin are cautious about as they don't want to bring out an angle grinder again as what they did with thr Smiler when they saw they saw things not exactly going in place if some on here will remember.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.