• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
This is B&M, they won't have got it wrong.

Footers were already in place, just needed shoring up. So accuracy is entirely down to B&M, something they excel at. Unless of course, so of the work has accidentally adjusted a footer position. Doubtful.

Things happen, bits get damaged in transport, footers move slightly etc.

Track or supports should not be damaged in shipping to be fair. Not enough so they won't fit, if they were damaged to that extent, they would never pass inspection and would need replacing. They will get scuffed sure, but damaged unlikely. Also, given the bulk each footers have been seated in the ground since 1994, I would question if the footers have moved. If they did, they would have settled decades ago, not when adding strengthening existing ones I would have thought.

I think maybe, it was something to do with the heat and expansion / contraction. I could be wrong but that is my view.

Track or supports should not be damaged in shipping to be fair. Not enough so they won't fit, if they were damaged to that extent, they would never pass inspection and would need replacing. They will get scuffed sure, but damaged unlikely. Also, given the bulk each footers have been seated in the ground since 1994, I would question if the footers have moved. If they did, they would have settled decades ago, not when adding strengthening existing ones I would have thought.

I think maybe, it was something to do with the heat and expansion / contraction. I could be wrong but that is my view.

Bad image I know, but it looks like it all lined up.

I know you cant zoom in close but with a big project like this your always gonna have little trip ups. Whatever the issue is im sure B&M and towers will sort it.

flyingnemesistrack-81.jpg

I guess this is one reason why they wanted to start getting the new track up asap, at least if there are any issues they now have plenty of time to fix it instead of it being a race against the clock near the time they want it open.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but just noticed from Galactica that the brake components that have been sat on the floor of the brake run are all now a glossy black to match the new track. Wonder if these are the old ones having been refurbished or a brand new set. Either way hopefully an indication that the brake run track will be repainted to match.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but just noticed from Galactica that the brake components that have been sat on the floor of the brake run are all now a glossy black to match the new track. Wonder if these are the old ones having been refurbished or a brand new set. Either way hopefully an indication that the brake run track will be repainted to match.

I think they're all new. The new breaks got taken off a few weeks ago and the new components appeared shortly after

Love how the track sections going down into the loop are really covered in tentacles. Can’t wait to see this finished.

My Tik Tok feed is full of people hanging around the old nemesis track and not disclosing the location.

I find it funny it’s the same people who were flying drones over and now they are trying to keep the place a secret.

They are desperate for views, and exclusivity is a quick way to garuantee that

If people keep doing this and walking around the site towers are going to have to spend more money on security for the new track. Yes its exciting but have some respect!

Which would surely mean taking money from the Nemesis project meaning less money for new shinny stuff and theming

If people keep doing this and walking around the site towers are going to have to spend more money on security for the new track. Yes its exciting but have some respect!

Which would surely mean taking money from the Nemesis project meaning less money for new shinny stuff and theming
'Have some respect' - you make it sound like people are defiling the old Nemesis monster's remains... I suppose some people likely do see it that way.

As for the new track, they're clearly making no effort at all to hide it - if anything the army of flatbed trucks arriving with new track pieces are purposefully displayed unguarded outside the Galactica exit for enthusiasts to come and gawp at - and provide a hell of a lot of free publicity. They know what they're doing.

I was at Towers today as was suprised that some other guests weren't even aware that Nemesis was closed.
I was behind a group of teenage lads having a great time on the Runaway Mine Train. When they got off they were making plans of what to go on next.
They made their mind up to go on "Nemesis next, because it's Wicked"......

I've noticed considerable confusion among guests both on park and on social media around the whole Nemesis vs Nemesis SubTerra issue, probably people are looking at the app, seeing 'Nemesis' and assuming the rollercoaster.

The retrack was pretty well publicised, people probably just think it's been done by now!

My Tik Tok feed is full of people hanging around the old nemesis track and not disclosing the location.

I find it funny it’s the same people who were flying drones over and now they are trying to keep the place a secret.
its easy to find where it is, put in the name of the company on the side of the tanker trailers into google maps and off you go

its easy to find where it is, put in the name of the company on the side of the tanker trailers into google maps and off you go
Tried that yet cant get a good enough view of the trailer.

Assuming they are using this area as they need the car park spaces

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.