• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

It probably is a bit of a missed opportunity, like if you’re going to take a record of some sort, go all-out on the whole experience, create something truly outstanding that will stand in history. But if budget constraints denied that, there’s not much more they can do, it’s better than doing nothing.

I mean it still will have the records and everything, and almost certainly will be a hell of a lot of fun, but within a few years I can see it being just another coaster.

I’m not a big fan of all this “Find your fearless” and Fearless Valley nonsense. In fact I would love to see parks here do what Chinese parks do and give the ride one of those long names that tells you everything about the coaster and its theme.

They could have called it ‘Hyper Coaster Short Track Though Unthemed Land’

I agree with @Ethan. Unless I’m missing something, I don’t see how that means anything different to what it did before.

As far as I’m aware, the ride is still intended to open on 24th May.

I dunno, I wasn't totally sold on the "Staines Youth Karate Club do Pride" image as a concept. It doesn't match with anything we've seen so far.

In my opinion, if you're going to abandon theming and go for style, you have to really commit to that style for it to work.

The image now appears to have been removed...

I don't think this was a good marketing move, though. If I were Thorpe Park, I honestly wouldn't be honing in too much on the theme/style, and I'd pretty much be solely focusing on the ride itself. They've done that quite well up to this point, to be fair, but I found that image weird and out of step with everything we've seen so far. And that's before we get into the fact that it was quite clearly AI-generated if you look closely...

I don't think this coaster needs to be marketed with any goddess imagery or anything like that. Just stick to the coaster itself and the "find your fearless" tagline/vibe and I think we're grand.