• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

It’s interesting how Hyperia doesn’t appear to be budging from 240 minutes, even as the rest of the park gets busier (the longest non-Hyperia coaster queue is now 25 minutes). I seem to remember Nemesis dropping below 2 hours by the afternoon on its opening day, but it does not seem as though this phenomenon will be replicated for Hyperia’s.

It’s interesting how Hyperia doesn’t appear to be budging from 240 minutes, even as the rest of the park gets busier (the longest non-Hyperia coaster queue is now 25 minutes). I seem to remember Nemesis dropping below 2 hours by the afternoon on its opening day, but it does not seem as though this phenomenon will be replicated for Hyperia’s.
I think it's probably due to Hyperia being a brand new coaster and something we haven't seen in the UK until now, as opposed to Nemmy being a retrack of an existing ride just with a new storyline and enhanced theming.

What time do Thorpe release the one shot fast tracks does anyone know? I know they’re the morning of the day but is it 12am or a different time?

Just got off Hyperia. Queue stated 4 hours but we waited 3 even with a short amount of downtime near the start.

Absolutely incredible. Possibly adrenaline talking for some of that so not going to rank it, but was out my seat for most of the ride, and it just didn’t let up. Could it have been longer? Sure, but I think uses the time it does have incredibly well.

Queue experience was great too. Nice open spaces, chance for a toilet/general break and well organised.

It would be nice if more theming could be added, but the ride experience really is phenomenal, especially for the UK.

Had my first ride this morning and in the queue again.

Such a good ride with loads of airtime. I think the length is fine, longer would be nice but I don’t feel short changed with how it is.

Only thing that’s a shame is the amount it trims in the splashdown.

Noticed a lot of downtime too throughout the day. Anyone know if it’s one specific thing that keeps repeating or a mixture of things?

Noticed a lot of downtime too throughout the day. Anyone know if it’s one specific thing that keeps repeating or a mixture of things?
I don’t think we’ll get the answer to that unless we’ve got a ride op or one of the engineers here. But it’s just what can often happen with new coasters at opening, lots of short spells of downtime here and there for various reasons. Or even worse look at Top Thrill 2 having to close down for adjustments to see how bad things can sometimes be.

D
I saw on one of their social media posts that they’ve said “around park opening”

Ta mate.

Anyone have any ideas on the queue time with a fast track?

To be clear I’d queue for 5 hours for it but it’s a hard sell to the missus so my best bet of getting a ride in this weekend is paying for a couple of fast tracks. 😂

Ta mate.

Anyone have any ideas on the queue time with a fast track?

To be clear I’d queue for 5 hours for it but it’s a hard sell to the missus so my best bet of getting a ride in this weekend is paying for a couple of fast tracks. 😂
I've never bought a fastrack in my life and I've never particularly liked the idea of them at all, but I think even I'd consider a one off £20 jobbie to save waiting in a guaranteed 5 hour queue :laughing:👍