• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

I can’t quite tell whether the timing of my upcoming visit on Monday will be incredibly lucky or incredibly unlucky… I can sense that I’ll either be incredibly lucky in being able to ride it only a couple of days at most after it reopens, or I’ll be incredibly unlucky in missing its reopening by a matter of days.

I think a Hyperia ride for me is possible, but it’ll be tight; I’m basically banking on everything going to plan in the next couple of days!
EDIT: In a potentially promising development, I’m hearing word that they have already loaded one of the trains with water dummies, so I think they’ll be starting to test as soon as they physically can.

I too have a ticket for Monday. I booked it in the hope that the hype would’ve died down somewhat.

Now I’m hoping that they don’t open it and I can move my ticket to a quieter time of year 😂

Last edited:
I'm rebooked in for next Tuesday, so all fingers crossed.

I'm a MAP so it's fine, but my friends who were booked with me could only transfer their tickets to a day equivalent to the opening hours of our original ticket date, which I thought was a bit naughty of Thorpe. We originally booked for the 4th, which (I believe) was a standard 10-5 day, and could only transfer tickets to an equivalent. So in other words, we can only go together next week and that's it till September because of the increase in opening hours.

That's not just naughty, I think it's not in the spirit of things. Someone at TP needs to get their head out of their A**E and sort that out. Talk about making a bad situation worse. I imagine they won't open on a weekend, and will do a lot of cycles/inspect before giving it the green light.

I think the reason for this is that Thorpe actually activated their ‘weather guarantee’ as a mechanism for allowing guests impacted by the Hyperia closure to move their booking dates.

The downside is that the way that guarantee works is that you can only book to come back on an ‘equivalent date’.

I suspect if anyone stung by this were to email customer services and ask for a date not highlighted when using the online system to book a new date would find they are accommodating to the fact on a case by case basis.

Not ideal, but an option to have in your back pocket should the need arise.

I think if you're visiting on Saturday you'll be okay. Sunday's looking a bit iffy*

*Given that we have very little concrete information on what's happened, I wouldn't take my posts that seriously. Engineering, safety and reliability are complicated. In general terms you could talk about probabilities and statistics from the attractions industry, Merlin, Thorpe Park and Mack Rides. We could talk about risk assessing, root cause analysis, design reviews, testing, the bath tub curve, over engineering, redundant safety systems, control systems, competency, regulation, the HSE, ADIPS - docs and the certification for rides and a whole range of other issues, but these are all general concepts. We don't have a lot of concrete information on what's happened here. There are a lot of assumptions on the Internet about what may or may not have happened. I'm just going for the LOLs, a bit of schadenfreude and bit of exaggeration for comic effect, with one or two serious points buried in there somewhere.

Last edited:
I suspect if anyone stung by this were to email customer services and ask for a date not highlighted when using the online system to book a new date would find they are accommodating to the fact on a case by case basis.
TP Customer Services have been nothing short of brilliant for me over the years. Bend over backwards brilliant! You're probably right, but in this case it should be the rule not the exception. Don't further antagonise those you've already disappointed.....

Promising update; a box was delivered up to the top of the lift hill this afternoon, which was presumably the new part. I’m also hearing word that after this was fitted, the two lifting clamps were both taken back down on the crane:

Hopefully a Saturday opening could still be on! There is allegedly a train filled with water dummies ready to be tested, so they’re certainly ready to test by the sounds of things, and seeing as it’s gone 5pm on Wednesday evening and a Saw closure for tomorrow has not been added to the ride closures list, I think it’s safe to conclude that there’s no more crane work anticipated either!
EDIT - I can in fact provide photographic proof, and not just word, that the lifting clamps have come down:

Last edited:
They really shouldn't do an announcement on a reopening, just. It will be open again soon, watch this space. People will be frantically booking Saturday and Sunday, it will be like opening day again
From videos I've seen it appears the extended queue from opening day is still in place, so they must be expecting large crowds again when it reopens.

For what it’s worth, the surge price on 8th June is currently at £39 and the 9th is at £37.

10th and 11th June are currently the cheapest days of the entire month, at £33. Tomorrow is also £33, but Hyperia won’t be open tomorrow.

From videos I've seen it appears the extended queue from opening day is still in place, so they must be expecting large crowds again when it reopens.
When you say extended queue is this back to the main entrance, as in, when I go on Saturday have I got to cattlepen myself in at 7am 🤮 haha

When you say extended queue is this back to the main entrance, as in, when I go on Saturday have I got to cattlepen myself in at 7am 🤮 haha
Can't say for certain as I only saw part of it but would assume the same route would be used, so probably best to prepare yourself just in case.

Even if reopened it can still have technical difficulties.
Can't say for certain as I only saw part of it but would assume the same route would be used, so probably best to prepare yourself just in case.
Sure I read it's there for the foreseeable. One thing that maybe the park should have considered is there are people that try and queue 4/5 times for this in a day. Could it have been sensible to allow only 1 or 2 ride entries per day? That way the queues are manageable for visitors and staff and it's fairer?