• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Oh dear… I’m not optimistic about Monday, I must admit. They haven’t said anything beyond it simply not opening on Saturday, so they could just be being cautious about the days immediately following Saturday, but the suggestion that they’re going to announce a reopening date suggests that it might not be any time soon.

It’s probably best now if I go with the expectation that it won’t be open and be pleasantly surprised if it is…

I must admit, I think they’ve shot themselves in the foot by continually announcing these arbitrary dates that they can’t meet. It just sets people up for disappointment.

Thought this would be the case. Its not even been testing and I assume they would need a few days or more to recommission any added/new parts to the ride.

Managing customer expectations, shouldn’t have given a date in the first place. But then you wouldn’t secure all those bookings would you Merlin?!

It’s a bit of a mess. All that needed to be said from the start was what was on this attached post.

Attachments

• IMG_1572.jpeg
    IMG_1572.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 102
The crane (and SAWs closure) was a day longer than expected, so maybe they're just a day behind schedule from the mentioned 8th June date, but don't want to commit to another date now in case that date slips again.

I'd, at this moment, expect it next Sunday/Monday potentially. Obvioulsy, it's hard to say or predict from our position, though.

This has clearly been a major issue. Makes you wonder how safe it was on the opening day as it clearly wouldnt have broke between the close of friday and opening of sat. it would have to have broken while guests were on it.

I'd, at this moment, expect it next Sunday/Monday potentially. Obvioulsy, it's hard to say or predict from our position, though.
At this point I think it’s a bit daft to expect the ride to reopen on a certain day, probably better to just assume that it will remain closed for an undetermined period and that the park will let us know of any further developments.

This has clearly been a major issue. Makes you wonder how safe it was on the opening day as it clearly wouldnt have broke between the close of friday and opening of sat. it would have to have broken while guests were on it.
I'm pretty sure it was discovered during the pre-opening checks on Saturday morning.

True, but we won’t know as Thorpe won’t expand on it. If there was a concern and someone was injured then it would all come out in the wash I suppose.

My car’s engine can not start it doesn’t make it a safety concern. It’s probably ok other than something went wrong and it won’t physically operate.