• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

One Vlogger has been staying over, into the queue (from the cabin at 5.10am) and didn't see another hotel guest until 6.20am 😂

But saying that his aim was to be on the first train. Each to their own isn't really.

I join Smiler at 0915 usually to get it done and out the way to do more rides in the park. He might be trying to get a front row/back row etc.

As it says, they have limited capacity for the day. There's probably been a slight surge in bookings for today, but I don't imagine the park will be close to actual capacity.

With this and Hyperia closing early each day, they are clearly worried about long waits for the ride. Yes that means it is popular which is great, but they really need to work on getting the throughput closer to 1,000pph as 600pph is just not enough.

It's sensible. 3hr queue on the app. Might go up if more people arrive later on today. The one plus is the heat it takes out of the other rides on the park too. Weather will be interesting over the weekend. Does rain deter 3 HR queues or not? Not sure.

Are massive golf umbrellas permitted in the queues?

We got on within 30 mins of the ride opening this morning. Rejoining the queue now, extended queue is up to Samurai, so not that long.
Just read the Queue-line is inside the normal queue area and 60 min wait time 🤯

Now there could be factors at play.. they'd limited tickets today. And school trippers may be time constrained by not having enough hrs to join (iirc my kid had to report to meeting point half way through day)

I think it could well be the fact that it’s a weekday, and the ride didn’t really reopen with enough notice for people to rearrange trips and things. There’s a chance it might have a longer queue at the weekends.

Regardless, though, I don’t think it’ll ever hit the same sort of long queue time heights as it did on opening day again. That was opening day, so the queue was always going to be ridiculous. Nemesis also had a ridiculous queue on opening day, but a week later, I had 2 rides on it and queued no more than 60 minutes for either. And this was on a weekend, one day of which had rather poor availability elsewhere in the park!

Just read the Queue-line is inside the normal queue area and 60 min wait time 🤯

Now there could be factors at play.. they'd limited tickets today. And school trippers may be time constrained by not having enough hrs to join (iirc my kid had to report to meeting point half way through day)
I rejoined the main queue at just past 11, it's now 12:17 and I'm just going under the lift hill (gosh that motor is loud). Another 15 mins or so from here I reckon. So it would have been an hour and a half from when I joined. Presently it doesn't appear as though the full extended queue is being used, just some of the temporary fences up to the toilets.

Hyperia seems as good as Nemesis at eating a queue.

Edit: Thoughts on single rider. Basing it on the people who split from us for single rider (we're main queueing it), they've just got to the bottom of the steps into the station. I'm putting my phone away as I'm walking into the station. 90 mins for single rider. 90 mins for main queue.

Last edited:
I rejoined the main queue at just past 11, it's now 12:17 and I'm just going under the lift hill (gosh that motor is loud). Another 15 mins or so from here I reckon. So it would have been an hour and a half from when I joined. Presently it doesn't appear as though the full extended queue is being used, just some of the temporary fences up to the toilets.

Hyperia seems as good as Nemesis at eating a queue.

Edit: Thoughts on single rider. Basing it on the people who split from us for single rider (we're main queueing it), they've just got to the bottom of the steps into the station. I'm putting my phone away as I'm walking into the station. 90 mins for single rider. 90 mins for main queue.
I will be at Thorpe shortly I'm solo today but I would much rather wait 90 in a moving queue than even 70 in a stand still queue so might give single rider a miss.

I will be at Thorpe shortly I'm solo today but I would much rather wait 90 in a moving queue than even 70 in a stand still queue so might give single rider a miss.
The extended queue isn't in operation now.

Update re Hyperia closure times. I asked a park manager who said that Hyperia's queue closed time will vary depending on demand. If the extended queue is being used, but isn't passing the toilet block, it'll be a 16:30ish shut. If the Hyperia queue is contained in the normal Hyperia queuelines, the queue will close at 17:00 as normal (ride operating until queue finished).

Right, time to enjoy the rest of the day!