• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

The extended queue isn't in operation now.

Update re Hyperia closure times. I asked a park manager who said that Hyperia's queue closed time will vary depending on demand. If the extended queue is being used, but isn't passing the toilet block, it'll be a 16:30ish shut. If the Hyperia queue is contained in the normal Hyperia queuelines, the queue will close at 17:00 as normal (ride operating until queue finished).

Right, time to enjoy the rest of the day!
Thanks, that's really useful info to know ahead of Saturday.

Sensible calling today a sell out. Imagine an influx of pass holders coming after school etc might have been a pain to deal with around closing time.

Hope everyone riding this week has a great experience.

About time we saw planning permission for the next big thing right? ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hooray Hyperia! My phone says only 80 mins.

Just for balance, I didn't criticise the "marketing girl" (Alice) - just the message. As said by another person "nature abhors a vacuum", and that's what TP created. Just say "this part failed due to a manufacturing defect, and if it had failed completely then xyz failsafe would have kept guests safe.".

The Internet no longer allows companies to LIE and expect that lie to be swallowed. Did TP say SORRY? Did Mack? Did they offer anything in the way of compensation? No, no, and NO. Shame on them.

The Internet no longer allows companies to LIE and expect that lie to be swallowed. Did TP say SORRY? Did Mack? Did they offer anything in the way of compensation? No, no, and NO. Shame on them.
Can we please try and make contributions sensible. I have no idea whether you are trying to be funny or not, but Thorpe Park did not lie about what happened. Theme parks have no obligation to tell the punters exactly what is wrong with their rides, and that's the end of that.

The internet allows many individuals to demonstrate strange views...
Do Thorpe Park have anything to apologise for?
Not really, new equipment, typical problems with them.
Likewise Mack.
No compensation required, check your terms and conditions.
No shame from this perspective, just the usual frustrations with a new ride.
Entitlement at its best.

Edit...sorry, missed Robs post.

Just for balance, I didn't criticise the "marketing girl" (Alice) - just the message. As said by another person "nature abhors a vacuum", and that's what TP created. Just say "this part failed due to a manufacturing defect, and if it had failed completely then xyz failsafe would have kept guests safe.".

It’s already been pointed out to you the the use of “girl” is infantilising and not appropriate, she’s a woman with a job. Stop it please. If you don’t understand why it’s not appropriate, or didn’t understand what @GooseOnTheLoose was getting at, please go and find out.
edit - apologies @Rowe you also pointed it out.

I celebrate the fact/hope? that Alice isn't spending her time on an Alton Towers forum (no shade to us, i love wasting my time here u guys xo) intentionally disrespecting theme park staff, and is out there doing her job as a vibrant young Woman, and being a friendly, welcoming, and sincere face for the resort. We all love our mums and grans and sisters and aunts etc, so carry that respect through to the gals you don't know personally and whose job it is to make your visits to a theme park a bit brighter, because perspective. Be like Teresa G and namaste. 🕊️

Real Housewives Self Care GIF by Slice

You know, I fell off as a theme park enthusiast after my teenage years, and I'm slowly leaning back into it. Attitudes like this make me begin to regret it.

Too many self entitled people who expect to know everything about everything.

I went to theme parks at a time where you’d turn up and just see what was open or closed. We don’t have any indication from parks back then about closures.

What a world that was!

Can’t see any parks actively saying “x went wrong with the ride”.

Wonder if people here interrogate McDonald’s workers as to why the milkshake machine isn’t working?

Honestly get over yourselves. I worry for society.

They offered a free change of date on tickets (which they don’t have to do) and their opening and queuing procedures were clearly top notch.

The little videos posted were a lovely touch and will help more people understand the process. It’s better than pages and pages of writing. They’ve handled it well.

Disappointing to see Thorpe haven’t learnt from opening day that the bins need to be regularly emptied

From: https://x.com/dean8001/status/1800900099570360324?s=46

Why is the bin so small? Why isn't there a seprate plastics bin next to it for the cola bottles? If that bin is so full then another one is probably needed nearby. Most of the reason its so full is because it is a narrow bin with lots of uncompressed waste. Its not just about emptying that one more regularly, its about designing the space well to start with.

Maybe, but you've got to admit that it's a bit of a coincidence when the milkshake machine always stops working 90 minutes before they close. And don't get me started on the McFlurries.

They never work at night either, many a time I've fancied myself a 3am Mcflurry. Devastated. But yeah, to your point I've never once interrogated them. I too worry for society. The park don't owe anyone any answers, they never did and never will. No matter what people seem to think.

Anyway, glad to see Hyperia is back up and running.