• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Final verdict after 2 rides: I agree with the hype that it's one of the best coasters in the UK. The airtime is insane, the hang time is great & the first drop is quite something. Just a shame it's so short.

I still think Nemesis is better though đź‘€

I'm sad to hear I also wasn't the only one to see the staff emptying the bins being mistreated I don't know if those are general statements or if people also saw the woman being disrespected emptying the bins today but not cool, she was doing her job, I hate snobs who think they're above everybody else, it's their workspace respect it, although I'm sure it wasn't anyone on here anyway.

In what way were the staff being mistreated?
There was a plus sized woman emptying the bins, she was struggling with the amount of bags and navigating her way through the queue. She was apologising to everyone and asking to get past them. I'm not going to repeat any insults here, but there were a lot of comments, gestures, jeering and singing about her body shape and possible (but not confirmed) additional needs. Sounds like the same incident @George W witnessed.

I did use the app to report the incident, specifically highlighting the companions of a vlogger who was in attendance (but wasn't in the queue). This was near the beginning of the queue, by the time we'd got on the final ride nothing had happened (an hour and a half), so I'm not sure how well these are monitored.

There was a plus sized woman emptying the bins, she was struggling with the amount of bags and navigating her way through the queue. She was apologising to everyone and asking to get past them. I'm not going to repeat any insults here, but there were a lot of comments, gestures, jeering and singing about her body shape and possible (but not confirmed) additional needs.

Disgusting. What is wrong with people?

Always hated in busy times when had to empty the queue line bins in middle of the day.

The often cattlepen design doesn't help either.

Shame that people exist sometimes. Bet wouldn't be saying anything derogatory if it were a bloke cleaning up (though in this Andrew Tate world some probably would).

In my admittedly limited one day only experience, the projected app queue times for Hyperia are nowhere near accurate at the moment. They're very conservative, at best, and the queue often moves about 20-30% faster.
Even if it's going to busier at the weekend and wet, at least a good throughput keeps people moving. When a queue stops still it's so soul destroying.

Fastrack and RAP massively slows the main queue down at all Merlin parks.

Much better off on a weekday where possible for fast moving queues.
It also helps, at the moment, that RAP for Hyperia is currently a one shot and done, although controversially without a timeout.

I did notice a woman I'd seen in the Hyperia single rider queue on at least one occasion yesterday (which was the same time length as the main), go up to a ride host just after the queue had officially closed and try to use what looked like a paper RAP card to get in one last ride on Hyperia. The ride host stood their ground and refused to move the gates, I couldn't hear what was said but after much animated discussion she walked away. It possibly helped that the park manager (sans litter picker!) was observing the interaction from a slight distance.

I can only presume that she'd saved her single shot Hyperia RAP until the end for this purpose.

I didn't notice much real Fastrack use for Hyperia either, but we already knew it was quite limited.

Generally RAP queues, the easily observed ones at least, were completely non existent yesterday throughout Thorpe Park though.

Edit: Removed comment that could be considered insensitive, based on member feedback. Cheers @Bowser.

Last edited:
single shot Hyperia RAP (not Fastrack honest gov

Regardless of what this individual may or may not have been doing, i don't think there's any need for the typical sarcastic and disparaging RAP comments or the insinuation they're "getting one over" on the general public.

People whose day to day lives are typically of a much lower quality having one reduced ride wait at a theme park (and a restriction to one ride on Hyperia unlike yourself plus a restriction on seating options) isn't the end of the world is it? I'm sure the majority would gladly swap their or their relatives disabilities for the ability to queue.

And as ever there's a dedicated RAP thread if people want to discuss the pros and cons of Thorpe Park's system.

55 mins today (almost as long as SAW) and FP available. Though for ÂŁ20 that's quite a big ask - Disney only charge $20 for Star Wars FP. Interesting to see what happens at the weekend!