• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Nothing. They have always had them for the most part. I don't get it myself. These 'rattles' for the most part, have always existed.

The Mack rattle comments came about because weirdly the oldest Mack hyper (Bluefire) didn’t have it, and people were surprised when rides such as Helix opened and it did have the rattle.

It doesn’t impact ride experience though.

Blue fire is too slow to have a rattle.

*ducks*
I’m not sure speed comes into it. From my experience, Icon has a Mack rattle, as did even Slinky Dog Dash at Walt Disney World, and those rides are slower than Blue Fire.

There’s an argument that Icon might be a bit more intense in terms of rapid-fire transitions and airtime than Blue Fire, but the ride’s speed is lower and the actual positive g-forces probably aren’t any higher.

I’m not sure speed comes into it. From my experience, Icon has a Mack rattle, as did even Slinky Dog Dash at Walt Disney World, and those rides are slower than Blue Fire.

There’s an argument that Icon might be a bit more intense in terms of rapid-fire transitions and airtime than Blue Fire, but the ride’s speed is lower and the actual positive g-forces probably aren’t any higher.

Icon is less forceful than Slinky Dog, never mind blue fire 😉

I think in terms of ride availability, having hyperia at thorpe means that downtime on other rides isn’t as impactful as it was before. Obviously not great, but at the moment colossus and saw are closed, but it’s ‘fine’ cause at least there’s 4 other major coasters to choose from, versus before there would have been only 3

Yeah it’s not a huge difference but I’m sure it definitely impacts customer satisfaction

On Wednesday I got an average of 78 seconds between dispatches, over 5 readings in the afternoon. Assuming every seat is filled, about 920 pph.
This is a big improvement considering it was only getting 600-700pph on opening day! I think this sort of throughput would make the ride a more solid queue muncher long-term for sure, putting it roughly on par with Stealth on a good day and comfortably above Saw and Colossus.

I'm doing Sat/Sunday. Would be happy with 2/3 Hyperia rides tbh. Father's Day is this Sunday and England are playing in the Euros that day too.. hopefully it will have a knock on effect on crowds. Savings on fast-track can be put towards merch 😂

Finally got on it today

For my first ride I’d been queuing in on and off torrential rain for about two hours, after coming off it I didn’t go wow but couldn’t really process what I’d just experienced.

Long story short, got on it again and had a back row ride in the glorious sunshine, walking off I thought to myself “fair enough this is the best coaster in the country by a mile”.

Only complaint is those bloody trim breaks that wind you! No need for them to be that fierce when it only crawls over the magnetic breaks at the end.

I’d imagine (or at very least hope) that it won’t be a big issue. If it was the same lift hill issue they had that caused the initial extended closure, it would probably have reared its head sooner, and the ride probably wouldn’t have opened today.

I’d also say that if they were able to keep sending empty trains, as that thread indicates they were, then surely it wouldn’t be a faulty part on the lift hill. If it were a faulty part like the first time, then surely they wouldn’t have been able to send empty trains?

We’ll see how the situation develops, but I’m currently not too concerned about this. Things go wrong with new rides all the time, and lift hill stops on new rides are not uncommon.

This is the type of situation where I don’t think instantaneous social media like Twitter helps. We don’t know that anything bad is even wrong; it could all be a big fuss about nothing, for all we know.

The positive is whatever they detected, they thought keeping the people in the queue was an option whilst they fixed whatever it was.
As I said above, I’d also take solace in the fact that they were supposedly able to send multiple empty trains when the initial train filled with people stopped on the lift hill the first time.