• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

This reminds me of when I went to Wicker Man’s opening weekend back in 2018. As a moment of reassurance; if I had a pound for every time that coaster broke down on 24th & 25th March 2018, and in 2018 in general as it had a pretty rocky first season, I’d be a rich, rich man!

When I queued for the coaster on the Sunday morning, it opened over 2 hours late due to its issues, it broke down constantly (I heard the phrase “the Wicker Man is currently experiencing a delay and we have ceased our ritual” an awful lot that weekend…), and when I finally got on it after over 4 hours of waiting overall, it broke down in the tunnel at the end and I got evacuated, with the queue also being evacuated and the ride being shut for a good bit of time.

My point here is; new rides having problems, even those requiring multi-hour closures and queue evacuations, is not at all unheard of. I’m quite hopeful that this isn’t a major issue in the slightest and is just run of the mill teething problems that any new ride will have.

Personally, I’m reassured by the fact that they were supposedly able to send empty trains at all; if it had been something that had broken, then there’s no way they’d have sent trains around, surely?

Can someone tell me what's going on as I'm honestly confused that the link didn't work with me?
At the end of today, the ride stopped on the lift hill with a train of guests. They then sent multiple empty trains around, as well as some loaded trains, that kept stopping on the lift hill, and the queue was eventually evacuated.

Saw a few mentions on twitter that it’s not the lift hill, it’s the train returning back into the station and it either doesn’t make it’s way in or it doesn’t park correctly so as expected the outgoing train stops before or on the lift.

Last edited:
Hi everyone I'd just like to ask about max rider size for hyperia. I'm intending to take a mate to thorpe park for the first time. His gastric bypass is shedding the pounds so he can ride rollercoasters for the first time and I can't wait to take him. I see max chest sizes generally at 51 inches but what about hyperia? I understand it's more about the waist size here but if anyone can shed light on whether I can take 51 chest as a tentative thumbs up or not would be much appreciated.

Hi everyone I'd just like to ask about max rider size for hyperia. I'm intending to take a mate to thorpe park for the first time. His gastric bypass is shedding the pounds so he can ride rollercoasters for the first time and I can't wait to take him. I see max chest sizes generally at 51 inches but what about hyperia? I understand it's more about the waist size here but if anyone can shed light on whether I can take 51 chest as a tentative thumbs up or not would be much appreciated.
I'm not sure, but there is a test seat at the entrance to the main queue.

Saw a few mentions on twitter that it’s not the lift hill, it’s the train returning back into the station and it either doesn’t make it’s way in or it doesn’t park correctly so as expected the outgoing train stops before or on the lift.
Could be, although it would be a strange spot for the train to stop, as it looked like half the train was on the hill, the other half was on the tire drive where there are no catwalks, maning evacs would be quite difficult, if it were to be the position where the train should stop if the block ahead is occupied I would expect it to be further along where the entire train can be fully evaced without needing to fire up the lift or get a seperate platform.

Last edited:
Have also heard it was an issue with it not parking correctly in the station.

On Weds the only stoppages were due to drones flying over the ride area, yesterday it ran flawlessly all day so it didn't have any technical issues for 2 days. Its a new ride so its going to have a few teething problems, I wouldn't be concerned about it being closed tomorrow :)

How on earth do they take 2 weeks to repair it, test it multiple times for it to go down again this quickly?

Really not a good look.
I think we’re leaping to conclusions expecting it to be “down” again at this point.

New rides break down and experience teething problems an awful lot; I expect that this is just some new ride teething problems rather than another “extended closure” calibre problem. The fact that empty trains were able to be sent around the track, and the fact that the train had reportedly gone from the lift hill by this evening, would suggest that it’s likely a small hiccup rather than some terminal problem.