• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

There were delays this morning. Incredibly poor communications with the queue line (i.e. none). There was a train stuck at the base of the lift. They got it going and we queued for about an hour.

We got on it in the torrential downpour. 10 minutes later the ride was stopped with a train stuck at the top of the lift with guests on it, although luckily the rain had eased by then. They were on it for about an hour before being evacuated. It hasn't reopened since.

Yes the train has gone now. They have sent a few test trains since but it's not looking good for reopening today.

I don't know if guests were evacuated from the lift or if they got it moving again. There were staff on the lift talking to the guests when I went on Inferno, when I came off 20 minutes later (because that broke down too...) the train had gone.

it’s been open and closed more times than I’ve had hot dinners.

I think this just goes to prove how much actually goes into a coaster that we underestimate. On the face of it it’s relatively simple but clearly far from it with the number of teething issues this ride is having.

Seen so many pictures of the area - how bloody shoddy it looks.

Thorpe should be ashamed to present the ride like this

Are we going to forget the near perfect operation on opening day, and almost faultless last three days? It's a new coaster, the weather isn't great, etc. I think we can hold off on dogpiling with the hysteria, social media and Reach are doing enough of that. We do know better. It'll get better. People will forget.

If Merlin were to fall out with Mack over this, then I think they’d have fallen out with just about every manufacturer they’ve ever worked with.

Yes, Hyperia has closed for 2 weeks, and yes, it’s stopped at the top of the lift hill, but these things are far from unheard of for a new ride, particularly the second one.

It’s not uncommon for new rides to have teething problems. Most new rides built in the UK have had teething problems. The only difference is that back in those days, social media wasn’t there to proliferate and share the issues in great detail.

it’s been open and closed more times than I’ve had hot dinners.

I think this just goes to prove how much actually goes into a coaster that we underestimate. On the face of it it’s relatively simple but clearly far from it with the number of teething issues this ride is having.

Seen so many pictures of the area - how bloody shoddy it looks.

Thorpe should be ashamed to present the ride like this
Merlin monopoly on UK theme parks is probably the issue. They can set their own standard and there is nothing anyone can do about it other than moan.

Is anyone really surprised by any of this?