• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Are we having a pool on how long before it closes again?
Well since you asked:

Predict it will open late tomorrow, maybe 11 ish. The queue will soon 'reach capacity' and the ride marked closed to put people off joining, but not be enforced in reality. Further predict that it will close at some point during the day, and remain closed for at least the rest of the day.

Further further predict that it will be dogged by issues and closures all season. Everyone that routinely slags Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Fantasy Island, and Intimin will delete their TS accounts and join Reform UK, citing Woke lynch mobs and far-left extremists leaving them no other option.

As of right now, they’ve not announced anything on their socials so it’ll hopefully only be people keeping an eye on it who know they’re hoping to open it tomorrow, and the vast majority will (sensibly) be waiting for it to actually do a few laps without borking before travelling.

Unfortunately for me, Chimpy is adamant she wants to try again tomorrow.

There’s no words to express my level of sheer dreadcitement.

Thinking about managing this weekend, I'd think it'd be a good idea to give everyone a timed slot for Hyperia on entry, no rerides. Feels like the only way to keep it under any control.
Virtual queue would work to manage the capacity a la mandrill mayhem but I doubt they’d be able to spin it up in time

Well since you asked:

Predict it will open late tomorrow, maybe 11 ish. The queue will soon 'reach capacity' and the ride marked closed to put people off joining, but not be enforced in reality. Further predict that it will close at some point during the day, and remain closed for at least the rest of the day.

Further further predict that it will be dogged by issues and closures all season. Everyone that routinely slags Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Fantasy Island, and Intimin will delete their TS accounts and join Reform UK, citing Woke lynch mobs and far-left extremists leaving them no other option.
And what exactly are us far left extremist thoosies meant to do then?

Is this an every day thing, or just when the ride reopens after closure? Like are they just pretending every reopening is day one? 😅

Or is it some sort of ritual for the rollercoaster gods, praying for the ride to actually, yaknow, roll and coast at some point?
The show is an everyday thing I believe, at least for now. When the ride is open, it happens at a certain interval.

@Alix Does Hyperia look like it’s on a 0 minute queue, or have Thorpe just not updated the queue time yet?

I’m imagining the latter…

As a general rule of thumb I think it's important to try and give accurate waiting times, because otherwise people can't trust them and it loses the point. But given the circumstances I suspect the staff will be told to err very much on the side of caution and lean towards over-estimating the waiting times.

I might be wrong, but that's my expectation. So hopefully it will be a shorter wait than they're suggesting.