• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

The queue may well be shorter than advertised. If it is that long, there is an argument that they should be providing free water to people in the queue, and maybe putting some porta loos in part way through it. I'm not there, so I don't know what they are doing to manage things, but hopefully they've got appropriate measures in place.

The queue may well be shorter than advertised. If it is that long, there is an argument that they should be providing free water to people in the queue, and maybe putting some porta loos in part way through it. I'm not there, so I don't know what they are doing to manage things, but hopefully they've got appropriate measures in place.

Do they do anything like that at say Universal Osaka or Tokyo Disney where 3+ hour queues and sweltering heat are typical?

Do they do anything like that at say Universal Osaka or Tokyo Disney where 3+ hour queues and sweltering heat are typical?
I don't know, but at Disney World a lot of the queues have free drinking fountains and a few of the more recent E ticket rides have toilets in the queue (certainly Rise of the Resistance and Flight of Passage).

There's no mandatory requirement for anything. That was a toilet stop in the extended queue but they've changed the queue so unsure, plus there was fountains.

Well at least it's back up and running that suggests they know why it stalled. Will be interesting if there is any downtime today - do they re-load it with dummies or send round empty.

The TP announcement does look like they expect downtime on Mon (and possibly further) - maybe to re-test the other train. But do they not have a spare??

Add an lsm boost in the valley, could potentially be used in a stall scenario to build up momentum top thrill style to get over the outer bank.
That's what I would do. You don't need many - just to add a few mph if needed. The difference being that you CAN do it if needed. Can't understand why you design near-stall elements and don't add a few LIM/LSMs, especially for the UK's unpredictable weather.

Sure it might cost a few quid. Probably the same as a few cranes and a lot of marketing waste ...

How much capacity can the ride's actual queue hold? Assuming operations are hitting 700-900pph, how long would the queue actually be from the entrance portal to the station?

I only ask this because the queue doesn't really seem to have much length compared to the likes of say colossus, saw, and swarm/stealth/inferno extended queuelines.

The ride is going to be the most popular ride there for years to come, and surely they can't use those temporary fences forever

How much capacity can the ride's actual queue hold? Assuming operations are hitting 700-900pph, how long would the queue actually be from the entrance portal to the station?

I only ask this because the queue doesn't really seem to have much length compared to the likes of say colossus, saw, and swarm/stealth/inferno extended queuelines.

The ride is going to be the most popular ride there for years to come, and surely they can't use those temporary fences forever

1 hour roughly from the entrance sign to the station, based on 2 train ops and moderate RAP/FT usage.

This is not a remotely insignificant modification. Would need an entire redesign of the ride’s control system
I didn't say it would or wouldn't, obviously retro fitting LSM technology isn't going to be straight forward, is the train currently set up that LSM, would be feasible to use the location of the brake fins, are any sections of track suitable to hold an LSM, you need at a speed sensor so the LSM activates over a stated minimum speed, and a proximity sensor incase of stall to try and boost it back over following a roll back,

This is all before we look into programming the system.