• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Opened on time, rode it 6 times today didn't have any downtime there was at one point early on but they just cycled empty trains for 5-10 minutes but it was hardly a breakdown it didn't even happen long enough for them to announce technical issues, as for wind didn't seem windy on park today was a nice summers breeze at times though.

Seemed to be running flawlessly though, only issue is the ride kept coming to an end after 25 seconds.

Six rides on Hyperia later, and it's my new #3. Few coasters leave you positively thinking to yourself "what the f****?" several hours after park close, but Hyperia's managed to do that for me. It's intense, it's relentless, it packs in some of the most ridiculously and obscenely unique airtime moments on a mega coaster, and it's got a fabulous IMAscore soundtrack to boot. I'm gladly overlooking the overall experience's flaws to judge it as a coaster and just a coaster, and as far as being a pure coaster is concerned, it's my UK #1 and is now firmly up there with my favourites in Europe. Yes it's short for a hyper, but what it sets out to do in its tight duration is pretty spectacular.

Yes, I know RA isn’t everyones favourite, but there's no denying the viewership, reach and influence is huge. Lots of positivity coming from TPR over the last couple of days, should really drive internationational awareness.

1000011548.jpg
Just watched the POV they posted and I knew the splashdown trims were forceful but you can literally see his face distort from them! People who have ridden it, is it really that much of a momentum killer?!

Six rides on Hyperia later, and it's my new #3. Few coasters leave you positively thinking to yourself "what the f****?" several hours after park close, but Hyperia's managed to do that for me. It's intense, it's relentless, it packs in some of the most ridiculously and obscenely unique airtime moments on a mega coaster, and it's got a fabulous IMAscore soundtrack to boot. I'm gladly overlooking the overall experience's flaws to judge it as a coaster and just a coaster, and as far as being a pure coaster is concerned, it's my UK #1 and is now firmly up there with my favourites in Europe. Yes it's short for a hyper, but what it sets out to do in its tight duration is pretty spectacular.
Well… you would say that

Just watched the POV they posted and I knew the splashdown trims were forceful but you can literally see his face distort from them! People who have ridden it, is it really that much of a momentum killer?!
Yes, they are very noticeable! A pity as you could have had a nice second half to the layout without them, but that obviously would have cost a few extra million pounds.

Well… you would say that
Eh... not necessarily. I've been on over 200 coasters, mostly in mainland Europe. If I didn't think that the ride delivered with the kind of elements and forces I personally enjoy in a coaster, I wouldn't rate it as highly as I do. Otherwise my username would be inspired by a coaster in Europe. ;)

Last edited:
After a late start, haven't seen an issue with hyperia today. Also my first time riding it, I really enjoyed it. Short and sweet.

The single rider queue setup right now is a bit dumb, with the sign pointing for you to wait in the main queue, but people just walking past it to go into the single rider queue.

Theming is definitely disappointing.

I guess the 9:30 release for fast track tickets isn't exactly correct, as I have seen more come available during the day. For £20 nah though.

Did appreciate the operations though. "30 seconds or the ride is going with or without you". Might not be taken as well by other people though haha.

Also saw some people being ejected out of the line, plus security attending later in the day.

Last edited:
£20 is scandalous given the entry price. You can debate about whether it should exist at all, but I think it's fair to charge e.g. £10 (time is money for some people, etc.). I love Disney's "lightning pass" where you pay $20 for a few "timed" fastpasses, or even Legoland's fastpass system. TP need to up their game.

£20 is scandalous given the entry price. You can debate about whether it should exist at all, but I think it's fair to charge e.g. £10 (time is money for some people, etc.). I love Disney's "lightning pass" where you pay $20 for a few "timed" fastpasses, or even Legoland's fastpass system. TP need to up their game.
One could argue, though, that charging more for Fastrack is better for guest experience all round.

Yes, this means at a basic level that Fastrack costs more, but a higher cost will put some people off, which makes things better for all parties. Those who buy the £20 Fastrack will have a more satisfactory experience than if it were £10 due to fewer people using it meaning that they get on the ride quicker and get more value out of their Fastrack, those in the main queue will have a more satisfactory experience because fewer people using it means that the main queue moves more quickly, and the park is more satisfied because they make the same profit by selling fewer Fastracks. Everybody wins!

I'd assume the £20 acts more as a deterrence than anything. They probably anticipate that if it was cheaper, more people would buy it.

More fastrack sold = longer overall queues for everyone else, incl. fastrack queue.

Obviously the quantity of fastrack is limited to ensure that those who actually buy it don't have too wait long, but considering the ride is brand new, the main queue is constantly overflowing where they can't really justify selling the normal quantity of fastrack as it would just extend the already humongous main queue.

Give it a year or two and the price will come back down relative to inflation, to probably just a few quid more than the other coasters

I know a few people who consider fast track non-optional. They essentially see Thorpe as "pay for entry and pay per ride". They are not pleased these days. They will not listen to reason, either.

Were it up to me it wouldn't exist at all. But if it must, I say charge £1,000 per ride. Idiots will still pay it.

If you buy fastrack at a Merlin park then I'm quite happy if they rip you off for it. Seems Thorpe have finally got the right idea at £20 for Hyperia, Towers need to follow suit and break the £10 barrier on WM, Rita and Smiler as a minimum to cut back on usage. Gold is too cheap too.

I would say I'm against fastrack but then again my dad would sometimes buy us them on busy days when I was young :tearsofjoy:

I think they were about £5 back in 2013-14? But we'd just choose one ride to use them on and not get multiple ones