• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Some further thoughts after visiting on Wednesday and Thursday.

Glad they added the single rider queue as it allowed me to get a decent number of rides on the Thursday.

They really need something to cover the queue its gonna be awful for people over the summer.

It's really difficult to photograph what with the areas available to the general public. Even the splashdown from a guest aesthetic goes the wrong way to people off ride can't see the riders faces.

With that in mind they really need to do something with the planned viewing area as having such a derelict area next to guests isn't a good look.

Don't mind the decision to stylise and not theme. The station building and train shed looked fine to me.

Everything else will grow in over the season.

The Ride, the lift hill is so fast, loved just being able to lean back and stare into the sky during the ascent.

The first drop is tremendous, the overbank that wants to yeet you into the lake, and that god tier stall that for me beats the one on Zadra.

It's just a pity that after that you get the splash down trim and then the turn into an airtime hill and break run. Feels like you're just getting started with the stall but instead of some low to the ground action the ride comes to an end.

Still for me it's the best ride in the UK.

Finally got my chance to ride it yesterday, starting early with a front row seat. Absolutely breathtaking, wonderful pacing through the elements, felt silky smooth, very fast. The head chopper down that first drop definitely took me by suprise!

We then nipped to Chessington and did most of the big rides before heading back to thorpe for an afternoon spin on hyperia again, this time we got back row

My word. What a different experience that was, the pull over that first drop was nearly terrifying, so much more intense on the back row, the overbank inversion is the most bizarrely beautiful thing I can Invision. Sensational coaster, and has very firmly placed itself along side shambhala as my favourite. I just can't bring myself to nudge that one down.

May I add that when we joined the queue at around 4pm with an advertised time of 100 minutes. We picked a person wearing loud clothing as a marker in the single rider queue, so we could get an idea as to how that was doing. We got off before they had even reached the stairway up to the station. So I guess it's luck of the draw with single rider!

May I add that when we joined the queue at around 4pm with an advertised time of 100 minutes. We picked a person wearing loud clothing as a marker in the single rider queue, so we could get an idea as to how that was doing. We got off before they had even reached the stairway up to the station. So I guess it's luck of the draw with single rider!
Was the same for my first ride on the Wednesday. Joined the main queue about 3pm, 70 minutes advertised and we went past who entered the single rider queue at the same time on the stairs up to the station.

Yea I've been doing the same thing with clocking people in the single rider queue getting on after I've used the main queue despite batching being very generous with single riders the 2 times I've used it they just sat me with my friend because let's say there's 2 rows to fill and there's a group of 5 they won't call anyone forward they'll fill it with single riders same with uneven groups they instantly resort to single riders even if they can easily mix groups.

The problem is everyone has the same idea you'll get big groups of people hoping to cut down wait times but end up waiting longer and not sitting with each other.