• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Had my first ride on Hyperia, its defiantly my favourite coaster in the UK for that first drop alone! I had the back row and the whole ride felt mental! The first drop and first element was defiantly my favourite part of the ride.

surprisingly and probably an unpopular opinion but I didn't care for the outer bank inversion. To me it felt awkward and too slow, its was my least favourite part of the ride.

Had my first ride on Hyperia, its defiantly my favourite coaster in the UK for that first drop alone! I had the back row and the whole ride felt mental! The first drop and first element was defiantly my favourite part of the ride.

surprisingly and probably an unpopular opinion but I didn't care for the outer bank inversion. To me it felt awkward and too slow, its was my least favourite part of the ride.
The first drop is really good. I did enjoy said inversion, but I concur with your opinion that it is too slow.

Which ever way thorpe point the jets, wind will get the track wet one way or other…

In terms of the splash down, its not really visible so does it serve a purpose?
If the jets were away from the track instead of over it then alot less spray would be directed over the track. In fact couple it with a wind speed detector and you could simply not activate over a set wind speed. Problem solved.

Noticed a minor tweak to the queuing system for the single rider queue on Hyperia today.

You can now go directly into the single rider queue and no longer need to queue in the main extended queue before the entrance.

Fantastic news for those going solo 🙂

1000040948.jpg
It's been like that since June apparently!

Noticed a minor tweak to the queuing system for the single rider queue on Hyperia today.

You can now go directly into the single rider queue and no longer need to queue in the main extended queue before the entrance.

Fantastic news for those going solo 🙂

1000040948.jpg
Well done Thorpe, you switched some temporary metal fences around. But, is a shame that this is the best hyperia news.

I’ll be damned! I’m hibernating! See you all when fright nights stuff starts to happen!

Last edited:
Yea it's been like that for a while also single rider seemed much more reasonable today, before today's visit I pretty much just told people not to use single rider as 9/10 times it was longer than main queue.
Up to 29 rides on it now and in the evening it was absolutely flying around the track, ride count will be in the 30's tomorrow.

I still find it a pity that they did not build a long enough queue line to hold the numbers of people that were inevitably going to want to ride Hyperia. You'd imagine they are going to need all of this temporary fencing for at least the whole of this season, and realistically at peak times over the next few seasons, unless they do come up with a permanent solution.

It looks a mess, and means they need more staff to manage the crossing points etc.

I still find it a pity that they did not build a long enough queue line to hold the numbers of people that were inevitably going to want to ride Hyperia. You'd imagine they are going to need all of this temporary fencing for at least the whole of this season, and realistically at peak times over the next few seasons, unless they do come up with a permanent solution.

It looks a mess, and means they need more staff to manage the crossing points etc.

and this is currently with low or no use of Fasttrack. Once they start including it in the FT packages the main queue may slow down further.

and this is currently with low or no use of Fasttrack. Once they start including it in the FT packages the main queue may slow down further.
They've definitely been increasing the FT numbers in the last few weeks and the main queue moves incredibly slowly compared to opening day.

It's gonna be unbearable if and when they add it to the packages.

Also, were they not supposed to be adding a front row queue?

Simon Pegg Swan GIF by Working Title

Thorpe Park security are on it as we speak