• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Wow. Such passion! But couldn't they just print up some posters for A-boards, etc to let people know. Or put it on the "queue times" on the app. Not sure anyone arrived at 20:59 to ride, so plenty of time and opportunity to engage and communicate.

Rather than defend it, just agree the comms is poor and they need to do better. I'll send the next invoice 😁

We spotted the "all Hyperia queues will close early" signs were out on Sunday, despite the park closing 2hrs earlier than Saturday. In the end it stayed open until the end but that may in part be due to the queue time dropping considerably in the last hour, it was advertised at 30 min or so from 6.30 onwards, down from 90 an hour earlier.

Wow. Such passion! But couldn't they just print up some posters for A-boards, etc to let people know.
As discussed in many previous posts, they're already there and have been since June.
Or put it on the "queue times" on the app.
As discussed, in many previous posts, its been displayed on the app since June.
Rather than defend it, just agree the comms is poor and they need to do better. I'll send the next invoice 😁
Another invoice returned, Mr. Smiley.

At this rate I'm going to have to sell myself on Only{Coaster}Fans. :p Not sure what that would even look like...?!?!? But I'd never degrade myself to go down the Coaster Vlog route..... If the comms are all good, then no-one would complain. I haven't been so I don't know if it's smoke, mirrors, or black mirrors.

If the comms are all good, then no-one would complain. I haven't been so I don't know if it's smoke, mirrors, or black mirrors.
In my direct experience (of actually visiting last Saturday), personal opinion, and a "hunch", it is not a communication issue ;);):eek::eek::eek:

Although, as previously pointed out, when TP posted on socials that Hyperia would be OPEN until 9pm, it would have been "wise" to also include the comment that the queue line may/will close earlier. The omission, could at a stretch, be seen as disingenuous. Though that information is all over the app, web and notices at the park - it has EVEN been stated before on this thread going back to June!!!!! See GooseOnTheLoose post on 12th Jun 2024.

However, it is like a supermarket / pub -- establishments might be open, but for various reasons entry/service may be curtailed earlier than closing. Restaurants are open till X, but you try ordering at 1 minute to X, and the reaction will be less than positive. ;) ;) :eek: :eek: :eek:

Had a positive thought. I do not know any managers at TP, I am sure someone on here does. Last Saturday they had very good messages on the ride time boards (outside each ride) about high winds etc. Maybe a manager can get a message put on the ride board/s at Hyperia to flash up about possible queue early closing??? Wont comment again as per request, but thought of this as a positive move forward.

Last edited:
I was just in the middle of typing this post Mr Zola...and you rudely interrupted...
Right, last day of summer, bank holidays over until Christmas, get those little snot gobblers back into education, us old git thoosies are dusting down our zimmers, breaking out the sarsparilla tablets and werthers originals.

Old gits outing is only eighteen days away.
Didn't I book the right week for the sunreader tickets.

Strap on searched out and dusted down...
Bring it on.

And will someone please post a decent kebab review.

I'm patenting closing your eyes. Works really well. Have done it on Nemesis and Oblivion. Give it a try, you won't be sorry.

The whole area around Hyperia is a classic example of Merlin not quite thinking things through properly. They could have done the landscaping so much better without much effort and got a much better all-round experience as a result. Why not avoid a claustrophobic queue line by sending it around the old Loggers lake, with the entrance roughly between the current entrance and shop? The exit should have been on the front of the station and the shop roughly where the switchback section of queue is.

It's crazy that the best views of the ride are on the exit path whilst the queue is mostly right next to the extremely loud lift motor.

If queue-times.com is to be believed it closed just before 8.30 yesterday, at the time the queue was supposedly 3 hours which seems a little unlikely (end of day queue time exaggeration?):

By way of comparison, the stated queue time at 8.30 last Saturday was just 30min, so it seems a little strange it closed at around the same time both days.

Queue closed about 20:15 last night at an estimated 3 hours long (and I’d believe it). Amazed it didn’t shut earlier. Hyperia had quite a bit of downtime around 6pm which basically meant as soon as it reopened everyone decended on Hyperia. It took 80 minutes for me once it reopened (I was right by it) and I essentially queued from the shop.

What it does mean the rest of the rides were pretty dead from 20:00 so closed with a ride for stealth and 3 rides on inferno.

I will say it was running fantastically yesterday and managed to get 4 rides over the day - front row and row 8 morning rides and back row and front row night rides (I did use a fast pass to avoid the 3 hour queue for my final ride). Also shout out to the operators who were doing their utmost to send trains quickly.

IMG_2128.jpeg

I suspect that a lot of people would have been saving their one-shot RAP use for a night ride, normally demand is spread out over the day but if everyone wants to ride in a short window it can cause problems. You see the same thing at Towers with lots of people wanting to do Smiler and WM at night - fastrack and RAP queues get extremely long in the evening and main queue suffers as a result, just when lost of people start pilling in.