• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

It's a shame. Most (at least Florida) parks are awesome on theme.
those parks literally have billions to spend the most expensive rides in the world were build there (everest was until hagrids opened) with each exceeding $100million for just the ride they have said hyperia is stylised over themed and the amity area is a well themed area with themed rides, compare the rides to cedar point, six flags etc and the differnce is quite clear.

Last edited:
Calling TP a "theme park"...?? I don't know now, but Paulton's "Peppa pig" was awesome when it opened. It seems that the UK can't do "theme". It's a shame. Most (at least Florida) parks are awesome on theme. It makes a big difference
Thorpe Park definitely has several coherent themed areas (ie Swarm Island, Amity) and also some individually well themed rides (Saw, Inferno, etc). Therefore it’s a theme park, though admittedly Hyperia and its surrounding area lacks in theming. I think some people get a bit too hung up on what constitutes a theme park as opposed to an amusement park. But I put it this way, if a park looks more like say Fantasy Island then it’s an amusement park. But if the majority of the park’s areas and rides are themed to something then it’s a theme park. Thorpe is clearly in the latter category alongside the likes of Towers, Drayton, Paulton’s, etc.