• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Interesting that they have confirmed that it will take the record for the UK’s fastest coaster from Stealth‘s speed of 80mph.

RCDB lists the other Mack hypers (DC Rivals, Flash, and Hyper Coaster) as all being 71.5mph so that’s quite a big jump up then.
The pacing is going to be insane depending on if they trim it to death or not, it's going to be similar to stealth though where you're hitting the brake run right as you start processing what just happened.

at least we know it is going to be Egyptian themed, because as we all know, Egypt is the only place in the world with sand!

@Poisson, well, aren’t most fright nights things just horror that was popular that year? Big top was suspiciously made when clowns where taking off with IT and stuff, and trailers is obviously stranger things 3. I’d give them a chance, especially with all the other toys in the background….

What’s Morocco?

Interestingly, I’ve heard rumblings online that the ride is going to be named Icarus and loosely themed around the Greek god of the same name, who flew too close to the sun…

Personally, I think that the aesthetic of the video did lend itself to that sort of theme, so I wouldn’t be massively surprised if that ends up being true.

Interestingly, I’ve heard rumblings online that the ride is going to be named Icarus and loosely themed around the Greek god of the same name, who flew too close to the sun…

Personally, I think that the aesthetic of the video did lend itself to that sort of theme, so I wouldn’t be massively surprised if that ends up being true.
That seems to make sense in a way, considering that this is the tallest ride in the UK, but isn't this going to be Egyptian-themed?

That seems to make sense in a way, considering that this is the tallest ride in the UK, but isn't this going to be Egyptian-themed?
That isn’t confirmed. That’s just what a number of people have inferred.

Interestingly, a Greek theme would also fit in well with the nearby Lost City theming of Colossus et al…

Icarus would suit it, but, given the project name and the mummy poster/teaser in trailers, all signs point to It being Egyptian themed rather than Greek, and themed around an Egyptian God. The Egyptian God of the sky is Horus, so the most likely name for it will be "Horus" or "Eye of Horus".

Last edited:
Interesting findings on the trademark office...

The names 'Icarus' and 'Hyperia' have been filed by a company called 'Vista Maxima Services LTD'. From what I understand, they file trademarks for other companies during early development stages? Can anyone more knowledgeable enlighten me if this is a thing?

The names have been filed with the exact usage classes of 25, 35 and 41 (for merch, advertising and amusement parks) that Merlin uses and is using the same IPO representative of 'Lane IP' that Merlin always uses. Surely this can't all be a coincidence?

Would be a shame if Icarus has indeed been opposed, as that would have been my preferred pick!

From: https://twitter.com/jaystocky/status/1691914178989310284

From: https://twitter.com/owenjcornelius/status/1691923496715083892