• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Hi all,

First post, so hopefully done this correctly!

I had a walk down monk's walk today and here are a few photos...

More work has been done on the second tower for the overbanked turn (?) at the back of the site...

Additional steel work has gone up for the station and they've started the vertical construction for the maintenance building...

IMG_0509.jpegIMG_0512.jpegIMG_0516.jpegIMG_0519.jpeg

Last edited:
I think its looking quite a mess with the colour scheme don't know what they are thinking. hopefully once more tack is up it will make sense...

They could repaint those sections if need be when all the track/supports are up. It's hard to tell whether it's intentional or not.

Going back to enthusiasts discussion, I feel the amount of enthusiasts in the UK has grown over the last decade, with social media being a large factor and the rise of 'vloggers' appearing left right and centre. I agree with Tim that you should pick one vlogger you like and stick to them for updates. Maybe avoid ones on update 70. :oops:

Looks like any piece that only barely went above the height for the white sections to start weren't painted at all. You'd hope that once completed they can paint the parts gold up to the allowed height.

The Hyperia page on the Thorpe website has this handy option encouraging people to book tickets. Click it and it will offer you tickets from 24th March onwards.

Now I know they have clauses to get them out of things yada yada, but if they aren’t planning to get it open by March this is a rather underhand tactic.

IMG_5639.jpeg

Another day another James post? Shocking..

Watched the sun set over Hyperia tonight, cause why not :)
hyperia23rdoctober-39.jpg

hyperia23rdoctober-38.jpg

The second tower for the inversion is almost at its full height

hyperia23rdoctober-06.jpg

The maintenance bay is making good progress (interesting that the supports holding the support bit of track are metal beams?

hyperia23rdoctober-17.jpg

hyperia23rdoctober-18.jpg