• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Do people really think that they'll fall out with a lap bar?

People are stupid!

The Big One petrified me as a skinny kid at the thought of slipping out on the first drop. Same age but had no problem in jumping on Oblivion.

Anyway in fear of being scorned by mods I feel like this is veering off topic slightly.

Nah, we should all hype up how dangerous coasters with lap bars are to dissuade people from visiting so we get shorter lines for the coaster.

Starship Troopers GIF

I wouldn’t necessarily worry about the pacing of what comes after the trim.

There’s a huge height difference between the dive loop and the outerbanked turn, so some degree of trimming was probably needed to keep the forces of the later elements from reaching unsafe levels.

I suppose the trim could make the splashdown pretty realistic as when the train does actually cause the splash like on Griffon at BGW it seems to slow it down significantly. With it being so near the end of the layout I can’t see it being too much damage to the overall ride experience imo.

This is what happens when you want a coaster that takes the height record but you don't want to pay for a full layout. Owing to how short the ride is, I can see the need to trim for the final elements as it's layout quickly starts to think about wrapping things up, wasting all the energy it has gained from its height.

I still think this will be excellent from beginning to end as there's not a single element that looks like it won't deliver. It's just such a wasted opportunity. No trims, an additional outer bank inversion to the right, and then maybe an inverted top hat before the final airtime hills and you have one of the most unique and potentially best coasters in the world.

This is what happens when you want a coaster that takes the height record but you don't want to pay for a full layout. Owing to how short the ride is, I can see the need to trim for the final elements as it's layout quickly starts to think about wrapping things up, wasting all the energy it has gained from its height.

I still think this will be excellent from beginning to end as there's not a single element that looks like it won't deliver. It's just such a wasted opportunity. No trims, an additional outer bank inversion to the right, and then maybe an inverted top hat before the final airtime hills and you have one of the most unique and potentially best coasters in the world.

Maybe it can get an extension in a few years? :)