• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Not the most spacious station maybe similar size to icons,I just really hope they aren't assigning rows I know a free for all can make things awkward but I love having the freedom to go wherever I want, obviously there will be a front row queue regardless.

Futher to Jack's photos (shared by @djtruefitt ) there's been a full Hyperia Construction update & more photos posted by Thorpe. In the comments someone asked if it would be as themed as Swarm, Thorpe confirmed it would be more along the lines of Stealth. Trains are fully built but they're waiting before they bring them to site and have commented to say although the station looks small in photos, it's very similar in size to the other coaster stations :)
Screenshot_20240130-181050_Facebook.jpgFB_IMG_1706638257416.jpgFB_IMG_1706638266183.jpgFB_IMG_1706638272035.jpgFB_IMG_1706638279727.jpg

The Mack bag system is good and all but it doesn't really do all that much in terms of helping operations. If you really want high capacity (and you're not EP) then guests should store their bags before boarding.
What is this system? Are there any examples in the UK?

What is this system? Are there any examples in the UK?
Icon has this system. Basically there's enough shelves for 1 per train, with all except one covered up and when the train despatches the flap covering the shelves moves to hide train 1's baggage and open up the shelf for train 2.

I like them, but they aren't anything fancy or cleaver. They are just like the old sliding cage doors all the pre-Merlin SWs use, but automated with the arrival of the trains.

They work really well on Blue Fire when in 2 station mode as you load your bag one side and collect it on the other as you are leaving.

Update from that southerner again..

hyperia2ndfeb2024-01.jpg

The lift hill structure is looking good! Don't think it will take long to build this structure but don't think we will see the lift hill track be installed for another week or two yet.

hyperia2ndfeb2024-12.jpg

Saw a few supports fly into place tonight in a short space of time.

hyperia2ndfeb2024-42.jpg

The station exit / start of the ride is getting some gold stripes added to it.

hyperia2ndfeb2024-48.jpg

The maintenance area looks interesting. I like how the track just ends and curves in

hyperia2ndfeb2024-30.jpg

Can't wait to see this ride testing but I know we're a long way off yet..

Uh oh... double post but its different?

The structure is getting taller by the day.

hyperia6thfeb2024-08.jpg

Access into restricted areas are getting secured. Introducing.. the golden gate!

hyperia6thfeb2024-17.jpg

That skyline is gonna be looking very different soon.

hyperia6thfeb2024-01.jpg

Im gonna put my money on a May opening :)