• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

3 days on the trot I need help... and a car wash!

The first drop for Hyperia has been completed and it looks amazing.

hyperia29thfeb2024-02.jpg

Its been so wet and moody in staines today.. excuse the grey Skys

hyperia29thfeb2024-07.jpg

The twist on the first drop looks crazy. Can't wait :D

I think tomorrow we will see the lift hill installed. Then maybe Saturday get topped off or if not then Monday or Tuesday next week it will be completed

hyperia29thfeb2024-17.jpg

The view on the bridge from the pub down the road

hyperia29thfeb2024-33.jpg

The time lapse camera on site has been tilted upwards to capture the install of the top of the rollercoaster

hyperia29thfeb2024-25.jpg

It looks like the drop actually goes straight down for a fair period of time before it twists. That could provide a very unique sensation of getting ejector airtime and then twisting at the same time!

I expected it to start twisting further up, for some reason… this could offer more airtime potential, though, so I’m certainly not complaining!

By "designed" they mean they ended up picking a manufacturer who have a train/restraint design that allow for slightly lower height restrictions. Pretty sure all other Mack Megas are 1.3m.

Some real attempts from their social media to be "deep" recently. When it reality its not even a puddle worth.

It's still the parks final decision on what height to set for the coaster provided it meets the requirements for the height. They could've easily said its 1.4m due to the height, speed, and break run. But have gone with 1.3m which is nice but probably going to cause all manner of issues when people find they can ride Hyperia but nothing else of note.

It's still the parks final decision on what height to set for the coaster provided it meets the requirements for the height. They could've easily said its 1.4m due to the height, speed, and break run. But have gone with 1.3m which is nice but probably going to cause all manner of issues when people find they can ride Hyperia but nothing else of note.

Ghost Train, Detonator and Rush are 1.3m too.

I'm on the fence about going... but I think seeing the 5 other big rollercoasters will be too cruel. Unless it's a quiet day with Hyperia re-rides which probably isn't happening anytime soon.

Nothing big and exciting happened today :(

The kicker wheels before the lift hill are getting wired up

hyperia1stmarch2024-25.jpg

Flying cat walk supports

hyperia1stmarch2024-33.jpg

The bits for the top of the lift have been moved closer to the big crane ready to be assembled then installed

hyperia1stmarch2024-20.jpg

The first drop looks great with a blue background. It rained about half an hour later again though :p

hyperia1stmarch2024-14.jpg

Supports for the first turn are being fixed into place

hyperia1stmarch2024-31.jpg

Love this shot. Shows how much more lift hill is waiting to be installed still

hyperia1stmarch2024-44.jpg

4 days on the go... im off to sleep!

It looks like the drop actually goes straight down for a fair period of time before it twists. That could provide a very unique sensation of getting ejector airtime and then twisting at the same time!

I expected it to start twisting further up, for some reason… this could offer more airtime potential, though, so I’m certainly not complaining!
That's the first thing I thought. That's a very small length of track to do a 180 twist, very low down the drop. It'll be going into that with quite some speed. It looks like you could be fully ejected from your seat and pushing against the restraints at the back as you twist around, only being pushed back down again as you exit. It looks pretty awesome if I'm being honest!

Although it looks more C shaped than I imagined. Maybe an 80 degree angle that it heartlines around. Still, from that height and with the twist so low down, that's a lot of speed going into such a manoeuvre.

Working on a Sunday! Crazy.. the top of the lift hill is being built on the ground before being installed

hyperia3rdmarch2024-11.jpg

hyperia3rdmarch2024-17.jpg

hyperia3rdmarch2024-22.jpg

Nothing else to report on really..

My bet will be lift hill track and cat walks tomorrow then Tuesday topping it off?