• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

The maintenance bay is making good progress (interesting that the supports holding the support bit of track are metal beams?
Think thats fairly common for some short track heights, other coasters have girder type supports in maintenance and similar areas.

Yep... James went to Thorpe Park today! Bumper update time :) but this time with track getting lifted in. It always seems to happen when I'm stuck in the office, but not today!

Started off with a small walk down monks walk to see what's good. Lots has changed since I was last down here but won't bore everyone with metal and more metal.

First bit of the day going in from across the lake.

hyperia26thoctober-010.jpg

The tower is very impressive from monks walk! Loggers Leap has never looked better...

hyperia26thoctober-013.jpg

The maintenance bay is interesting! Not what I expected, looks like track will run down the centre then the cars will be lifted onto different rails?

hyperia26thoctober-027.jpg

Yep! Photos we've been waiting for.... flying track!

I can't express how long we sat here waiting for this to happen. It looks like they had issues getting the first bit to align?

hyperia26thoctober-089.jpg

hyperia26thoctober-097.jpg

Im calling this photo my towers street calling card. Saw looks so tinny

hyperia26thoctober-116.jpg

hyperia26thoctober-122.jpg

Went and did our mazes then came back a few hours later and they were still installing the same bit from earlier. Looks like it's been a stressful day for the crew!

But it looks amazing! <3

hyperia26thoctober-134.jpg

Anywho... a long busy day. Time for some sleep :)

More photos at the usual place if you wanna see 140 photos of metal fly in the air :p

Yep... James went to Thorpe Park today! Bumper update time :) but this time with track getting lifted in. It always seems to happen when I'm stuck in the office, but not today!

Started off with a small walk down monks walk to see what's good. Lots has changed since I was last down here but won't bore everyone with metal and more metal.

The tower is very impressive from monks walk! Loggers Leap has never looked better...

The maintenance bay is interesting! Not what I expected, looks like track will run down the centre then the cars will be lifted onto different rails?

I can't express how long we sat here waiting for this to happen. It looks like they had issues getting the first bit to align?

Went and did our mazes then came back a few hours later and they were still installing the same bit from earlier. Looks like it's been a stressful day for the crew!

But it looks amazing! <3

More photos at the usual place if you wanna see 140 photos of metal fly in the air :p

If I’m not mistaken, don’t they have to put those in fast so it stays structurally stable? I can’t imagine the supports can hold themselves up for too long

But it looks amazing! <3

Reminds me of the opening line from Mr Silkstone's latest video. "I tell you what that's not something you see everyday, a bit of rollercoaster track flying through the sky". One has to wonder what on earth was happening in the previous 45 videos of the series.

Great photos as always!

Reminds me of the opening line from Mr Silkstone's latest video. "I tell you what that's not something you see everyday, a bit of rollercoaster track flying through the sky". One has to wonder what on earth was happening in the previous 45 videos of the series.

Great photos as always!
Thanks! :)

I always aim to have some humour in my posts

With the rate this is going It would not at all surprise me if this is ready come early spring.

Why do these comments come in everytime
Track starts to go up on any coaster every year?
It’s not Lego, a couple of connections and we’re done. It’s a process with an allocated time frame, Roller coasters rarely open earlier than planned it’s usually the latter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not Lego, a couple of connections and we’re done. It’s a process with an allocated time frame, Roller coasters rarely open earlier than planned it’s usually the latter.

Because studies have repeatedly shown that it's far healthier for you to be an optimist than a pessimist. It's not Lego, but it's not dissimilar to K'Nex or Meccano. The coaster will go up quickly, it's the landscaping and the theming, the tidying up and the testing that will take the majority of time.

If memory serves, and I'm sure I'll be corrected if not. Merlin (Tussauds prior), have generally a pretty good track record of getting their coasters to open on time (The Smiler being a notable exception). The last coaster to open at Thorpe, The Swarm, went vertical in September 2011, finished construction in November 2011 and opened (on time) on 15th March 2012.

Crucially though, we're not sure exactly when Hyperia is supposed to open, but the park themselves have suggested that they're aiming for a spring 2024 launch. Technically the first day of spring isn't until March 20th, so if it opens around the season opening, then technically speaking it will be open in early spring.

Last edited:
Crucially though, we're not sure exactly when Hyperia is supposed to open, but the park themselves have suggested that they're aiming for a spring 2024 launch. Technically the first day of spring isn't until March 20th, so if it opens around the season opening, then technically speaking it will be open in early spring.
Well, when you click the 'Book Now' button on the Hyperia page on their website, it takes you directly to the 24th of March. If they weren't planning to open on that date I'd say that's quite misleading to allow you to book for that date from the Hyperia page.

Huh?! I stand by what I said.

Last edited:
This is a multi-million pound coaster - the cost of blending two different colours in a gradient over hard stops is literal peanuts in the scope of the whole project.

100% a creative decision.
It just doesn’t look *good* … like at all ? I’ve shared the construction pictures among many creative professionals I’ve worked alongside and nobody can really say it looks better than a gradient or even one set colour change. It’s all over the place

It just doesn’t look *good* … like at all ? I’ve shared the construction pictures among many creative professionals I’ve worked alongside and nobody can really say it looks better than a gradient or even one set colour change. It’s all over the place
Oh I wasn't saying that it looks good lol (though of course that is subjective). Just that I find it difficult to believe it was a purely budgetary decision. The columns are painted, are painted with two colours. It's just simply that rather than being blended, it's a harsh change between the two colours - the uplift to blend would've been minimal.