• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

The station does look awful I'm afraid, cheap and tacky.

Kudos to them admitting that this was a Varney era project and things are changing under Scott O'Neil's leadership, it does give me hope going forward.

Let’s be honest no one is really looking at the station once they’re greeted by Hyperia, I will let them off on this occasion. The lake does also make up for this which many coasters don’t have along side its menacing distraction.

They might still add some stylised additional theming just in front of the station, like Icon did with those gates/archway and steal trees perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am glad they went with a simplified station for now. It could be something that they build upon in the future. As they are doing with other older rides.

The draw is that it is the tallest coaster in the uk. So people will come based on that alone. I would rather them spend the money or more rollercoaster than use less money to make a themed station. It would have been a shorter ride for sure.

Nemesis with it been an older coaster needed a ‘gimmick’ for a lack of a better word. To make it appeal to the GP. Which is why I think it is getting the station now.

I am glad they went with a simplified station for now. It could be something that they build upon in the future. As they are doing with other older rides.

The draw is that it is the tallest coaster in the uk. So people will come based on that alone. I would rather them spend the money or more rollercoaster than use less money to make a themed station. It would have been a shorter ride for sure.

Except they didn’t divert money from theming to make more rollercoaster, it’s about as short as they could get away with.

But Merlin are privately owned now right - whereas before they were making decisions with shareholders in mind. I think with Universal potentially coming Merlin are looking at their line ups and improving that, with the limited space at Thorpe it would surprise me if they do go back and add theming. Like they did with the swarm (albeit the station on swarm was already done)

Slammer is also going soon though right. Once a replacement is in, do you think the area as a whole will get looked at?

Expecting the back row to be highly sought after given that first drop, although that could be an issue on busy days if it's exclusively reserved for RAP.

As more ambulant RAP are boarded on the unload side without allocated seating I think it’s more unlikely back-row lock out will occur.

Let’s be honest these day I would say only around 30% of RAP users have a physical disability that requires back row seating these days.

Depends. I wouldn't be surprised if they slapped some trims on the top of the drop before it opens.
There are no brackets for trims there, so I doubt they would. There are brackets for potential trims coming out of the Immelmann, but the park have said that trims will only be installed if the ride overspeeds during testing.

Using the fence excuse to not build the viewing area is hilarious. Like your wife found you cheating "It wasn't my fault honestly, I tripped on a pair of slippers and fell into her bed".

Didn't they also try to peddle some sort of lame excuse to justify why the paint job now makes some of the supports look like cigarettes? Now they're blaming long gone Varney for why they are unable to chuck a bit of theming around? Their new head of PR isn't named Boris is he?

Using the fence excuse to not build the viewing area is hilarious. Like your wife found you cheating "It wasn't my fault honestly, I tripped on a pair of slippers and fell into her bed".

Didn't they also try to peddle some sort of lame excuse to justify why the paint job now makes some of the supports look like cigarettes? Now they're blaming long gone Varney for why they are unable to chuck a bit of theming around? Their new head of PR isn't named Boris is he?
To be fair, I think the fence reason is probably genuine. We all know how excessive Merlin H&S require their parks to be when it comes to fencing. They probably wanted 12ft high barb wire topped fencing for a viewing area overlooking the ride area of a coaster that goes fast!