• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

A drone operated legally has no reason to stop testing of a roller coaster, it sounds like a bit of BS.

That said I don’t know what you gain from drone footage of Hyperia, unlike a closed Alton Towers you can see everything you need to see either on park or from Monks walk.

A drone operated legally has no reason to stop testing of a roller coaster, it sounds like a bit of BS.

That said I don’t know what you gain from drone footage of Hyperia, unlike a closed Alton Towers you can see everything you need to see either on park or from Monks walk.
The trouble is, that for every responsible drone owner, you can count at least five idiots.

Would be hilarious if they told him bogus information or the test is turning it all on and making sure it works.

I mean I doubt it would particularly bother them as the goal has been achieved anyway which is getting people to tune into the livestream.

Arguably it’s better that way as they can do it again when it actually does test.

Legally no, but what Thorpe said is they are choosing to stop rides when there is a drone above them. Risk is it runs out of battery or otherwise stops flying and lands in the ride path causing damage or for open rides it could cause injury.