• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Yes I am not expecting for it to stay at that speed for one minute, but with the difference in speed from the first element to the second element is quite drastic. Unless the trim was activated?
No trims are fitted yet, just the brackets for them.

They didn’t actually install any trim brakes in the trim brackets exiting the Immelmann, did they? I thought they were only installing trims there if it oversped during testing.

Bits of that definitely looked slow, but as others have said, it was the first test run and the chain lift ran at an absolute crawl. It’s probably not the warmest, clearest day either; if it’s windy or cold, which wouldn’t be a surprise given yesterday’s weather, that could easily have affected things.

I thought some elements, particularly the first drop, Immelmann and entry into the outer bank, actually looked pretty promising given the circumstances!

It’ll almost definitely speed up, though. Based on how fast the lift hills on the likes of DC Rivals are, I imagine that the lift will be far faster during regular operation, and you only have to remember how similarly slow Nemesis Reborn went during its first test back in January compared to how it runs now.

Everyone always wants all the speed but am I the only person who would love the ultra-slow almost stalling going round the loops?

Especially only with a waist restraint

Everyone always wants all the speed but am I the only person who would love the ultra-slow almost stalling going round the loops?

Especially only with a waist restraint
I think there’s a balance to be struck when it comes to hangtime. A bit of hangtime from not flying through the elements ridiculously fast can be really nice, but I think that there is definitely such a thing as too slow or too much hangtime. There is for me, anyway.

Yes I am not expecting for it to stay at that speed for one minute, but with the difference in speed from the first element to the second element is quite drastic. Unless the trim was activated?
It seemed to get to the top of the immelmann with quite some speed, but it actually crested the top of it and down the other side quite slow. This indicates to me that it was likely temperature and friction related as it was already slowing down significantly before it even reached the outer bank. It seemed to haul over the airtime hill into the brakes, but that could be because it wasn't trimmed much in the splashdown.