• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Had a thought the other day that I don't think will be the case but was too interesting an idea not to mention. What if this ride is a Mack Extreme Spinner.
It'd be a world's first (First spinning hyper coaster). And that funky first corner could be a randomizer; the cars spin on the tilt so you don't know if you'll be heading up the hill forward, backwards or even sideways.
The rest of the layout doesn't really support this, which is why I don't think it'll be the case. Would still make for an insane ride.

Had a thought the other day that I don't think will be the case but was too interesting an idea not to mention. What if this ride is a Mack Extreme Spinner.
It'd be a world's first (First spinning hyper coaster). And that funky first corner could be a randomizer; the cars spin on the tilt so you don't know if you'll be heading up the hill forward, backwards or even sideways.
The rest of the layout doesn't really support this, which is why I don't think it'll be the case. Would still make for an insane ride.
I wish, that'd be insane! The planning documents do however show a normal Mack train, so this won't be the case 😭

Attachments

• proexodusplan26.jpg
    proexodusplan26.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 37
It could be, and I did certainly have this thought myself. I certainly wouldn’t put an XTREME Spinning Coaster past Merlin!

For what it’s worth, though, the rendering of the trains showed a regular Mack sit-down train rather than a spinning train, so I think it’s unlikely.

The first delivery for Project Exodus has arrived at Thorpe Park. I personally find this very exciting! In this video, Jack Silkstone checks out the delivery, which is essentially a load of ground pins which will eventually hold up the supports for Project Exodus - the UK's tallest roller coaster, as well as a mysterious wooden crate! He even goes and checks out the old Loggers Leap boats which are being stored nearby!

I'm not sure I'd recognise that lad with his mouth closed.
Didn't seem too much of a chatterbox when I saw him, Kieran and Arch Nemesis at Howl'o'ween at Chessington in 2022, but I know what you mean.

Team Edit: The park have posted a video which shows:
  • A construction update from the site showing clearance in Old Town. It also officially confirms the ride is from Mack
  • Announcement of a competition to win a ride on the first public train of Public Exodus.
  • Visiting the park as a passholder admits entry to “Club 236” and the video breaks down the possible prizes to be won.
The above summary has been added by the team, as it was not included by the poster. Please ensure all videos posted adhere to our rules on embedding videos.

Mack Hyper confirmed!
10 rows, with the back row being the accessible row (so with larger seats like Icon).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thorpe has announced a new club 236 for annual pass holders.
Thorpe Park has today announced Club 236! A club exclusive to Merlin and Thorpe Park pass holders, all you have to do is visit the park during the 2023 season to be entered into the draw to be on one of the first public train of project Exodus. One visit = One Entry.

The park has also announced the manufacture of the ride, Mack Rides!

Source: https://themeparkguide.co.uk/news-page/Thorpe-Park-Resort-Club-236-Announcement

Very interesting announcement and one way to encourage people to visit this season!