• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Them saying the back row is accessible would seemingly rule out the back row being backwards facing (DC Rivals) , or a spinning seat (Icon).

They might well do same as Icon/Enso and introduce such nonsense for 2025.

No idea how it works for disabled guests mind.

This coaster is going to be great, I can already tell by the stats of it!! Though I hope the theme is up to good standards and not looking like it was in the plans and concept arts. Im not a fan of Modern or simple architecture in Theme parks.

Fun fact: The “first train” competition for The Big One was called Club235, so that’s actually been copied slightly by Thorpe.

Fun fact: The “first train” competition for The Big One was called Club235, so that’s actually been copied slightly by Thorpe.

‘Slightly’

s reactions mr GIF

Not quite!
Club 235 was the precursor of Scott's lot on PBE...now retitled again, simply the fan club.
There was a competition for the first train rides, but they sold "advance" tickets for a full year before the ride opened, numbered, for a draw.
I didn't get to ride until day two, two hour queue, back seat with a member of staff, and lost my keys from a buttoned down pocket on the first drop, big bunch of keys, button came clean off.
My good lady had to come over on the train with the spare keys.

Team Edit: The park have posted a video which shows:
  • A construction update from the site showing clearance in Old Town. It also officially confirms the ride is from Mack.
From Intamin and Colossus in 2002, to B&M and Inferno in 2003, to Gerstleur and Saw in 2009, and now to Mack in 2024. How their selection of coaster manufacturers has really gone south over the years. 😏

A sad day to see Canada Creek station has gone - ahh, the memories. I think I’ll miss the whole CCR more than ever now. Even when it closed completely and you could see the railway, at least you could look at it and reminisce.

Strong disagree with that statement. Colossus is hardly an Intamin masterpiece and Intamin have produced a lot of 'meh' mid-tier coasters over the years. Likewise Inferno is a very by the numbers B&M. Saw fair play but you completely ignored Swarm that was once again a B&M.
Whereas all of Mack's Megacoasters are good to great rides and from what I hear Ride to Happiness is absolutely phenomenal. Choosing Mack is hardly going south.

Strong disagree with that statement. Colossus is hardly an Intamin masterpiece and Intamin have produced a lot of 'meh' mid-tier coasters over the years. Likewise Inferno is a very by the numbers B&M. Saw fair play but you completely ignored Swarm that was once again a B&M.
Whereas all of Mack's Megacoasters are good to great rides and from what I hear Ride to Happiness is absolutely phenomenal. Choosing Mack is hardly going south.

Yeah I second this. Within the industry, Mack are regarded as one of the 'gold tier' manufacturers if you will. If you want exceptional safety, reliability, maintainability and overall attraction quality. Then Mack is a brand you would go with. Even Intiman do not fall on into the gold tier category, their attraction's vary too much in the above mentioned areas, to be regarded like that. It goes without saying that B&M are also regarded within the industry as being a gold tier manufacturer. The others are not.

So if anything, it would be a factually correct statement to say that this new investment is keeping with their last coaster investment in 2012, by building a gold tier attraction aka the best of the best within the above mentioned areas. Remember we are not talking about layouts and what not, as the park can very much influence that as much as the manufacturer. We are talking strictly about a company based on the metrics of safety, reliability, maintainability and overall attraction quality.

Last edited: