• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2025 onwards]: Camp Resort Expansion

CSLKenny

TS Member
It's been vaguely mentioned by the Macks before as in the works over the years, and there's still no official word on it coming anytime soon - some planning documents for a new car park and road modifications by the Camp Resort, which show how the enhanced and expanded resort should look, have appeared on the Rust planning portal website.
Screenshot_2023-07-09_at_00.26.54.png

It looks as though the “half street” formed by Silver Lake and Cantina Amigo is going to be fully built out. If that’s the case, I’m really quite excited for this.

The area has always had potential, especially around the lake where in parts you’re enveloped by the theming. With facades on both sides of the street, I could imagine this forming a great themed environment and an even more enticing place to grab dinner and some drinks.

There even appears that there might be an additional outlet for food and drink if I’m right to interpret the square shapes at the South West corner of the lake and on the newly formed street as umbrellas for dining tables.

Looks cool. I read elsewhere that another rumour here is for a Craft Ale brewery, which is something that would drag me over from the hotels.

This looks interesting and exciting! I'd love for them to put a bar in to the Camp Resort, a drink or two at a bar following a meal in Silver Lake would be ideal. It always seems a bit of a trek to get back over to the hotels after Silver Lake if you do fancy a drink (unless you are staying on Resort and can use the monorail).

This looks like a significant investment in the area. The biggest improvement I can see is the improved safety by taking the traffic away from the buildings. The current entrance once on site is not wide enough, and always has kids running up and down, so the new layout above will make that a lot better from a safety point of view.

I am a little worried about how it looks like they have reduced the number of spaces, and where the tents are going to be based but I have every confidence that EP know what they are doing :)
1654527296593-png.1365

Also, it looks like lots of green on the image above where the camper vans are based, but I suspect in reality these will be stone or gravel. If they are grass, I am curious how they will cope with all the camper vans coming and going.

If your in a camper van, it does look like the experience will be improved, with more spacious spots and once its complete and the trees grow out, a bit more shade.

When you look at the bigger plan, it also looks like they are changing the footpaths on the walk from the campsite to the park entrance, with the buildings currently on the left of the path, being moved north of of the football pitches.

1688989204935.png

And I wonder if there is also going to be a new entrance for the camp site to encourage people to avoid going through Rust?
1688989468420.png
There is certainly a lot going on in this document, and it will be great to see how it shapes out.

Looks cool. I read elsewhere that another rumour here is for a Craft Ale brewery, which is something that would drag me over from the hotels.
The overall quality is so unbelievably high that for years I've struggled to work out what EP could do to significantly improve the place at this point (besides a Disney-quality dark ride), but a craft beer bar would do it.

The overall quality is so unbelievably high that for years I've struggled to work out what EP could do to significantly improve the place at this point (besides a Disney-quality dark ride), but a craft beer bar would do it.

They could stop spontaneously combusting, but otherwise yes a craft beer place is one of the few improvements left.

I’m not a fan of the EP Pale Ale, but a micro-brewery or even an outlet which focuses on the park’s expanding range of own brand drinks could be excellent.

They already have the aforementioned Pale Ale, the spirits from Balthasar distillery, their wine and a number of EP exclusive editions such as the Makers Mark. If they could expand that range a little, they could easily have a full bar with solely EP exclusive drinks. I can imagine a modestly sized, rustic outlet at the Camp Resort would be a lovely addition with a western theme, wooden floors, some covered outdoor tables and a way to explore the story of the different drinks (perhaps a booklet or something more interactive).

Came across this on my Twitter feed earlier:

Not completely sure where they’ve come from, but they appear to be some updated plans for the Camp Resort expansions, including a 3D look at plans for the new buildings.

Very similar to the plans seen previously, just with a slight revision to some of the bindings at each end of the street.

Sounds like work on the new access road has just begun.

EDIT:

I've done some more digging, and this has come from a presentation in Rust regarding the traffic masterplan for the town. It can be seen here.

The main focus of the presentation is changes to the road network around the main EP car park, but at the end it does detail what the plans are for the Camp Resort expansion.

The plans are for new buildings that will consist of a guest house with up to 120 rooms, a reception, a new large restaurant, a shop for the Camp Resort, sanitary facilities and a brewery with connection to the restaurant. There will also be a new parking garage.

Construction of the new restaurant is expected to being in Spring 2024 and be completed in Spring 2025. Construction of the guest house (including associated facilities) and parking garage will be after this, no date is set. Unfortunately the brewery is part of the guest house phase and not the restaurant phase!

The following slide from the presentation shows the new building layout, right the restaurant on the right:

EPCR.png

I wonder if they plan to move the food operations of Silver Lake in to the new restaurant, and re-purpose the existing building as something else (perhaps a bar)?

Interesting and exciting times ahead!

Last edited:
I guess if they are adding a nee guest house, they’ll probably need both restaurants, as silverlake certainly gets full in peak season, and would only be worse if they add 120 rooms to the area.

They are certainly getting on with this, and the new access road to the camp site is already open and in use.

While it is a shame to not drive under Silver Star anymore, the new entrance and exit avoids the car park, and is a lot easier to use. Once the new entrance to the campsite is complete, it will make even more sense.

There is also lots of work going on around the camp site, so its safer to exit the park, and head in to the car parks before cutting across to the camp site. Its also worth noting the the pickup for the Shuttle to the park is inside the camp site now, and most of the equipment in the play area has been removed. Construction seemed to start around 8am, but was not much nosier than the usual camp site noise.

I did not really take any photos, as there is not much to see but it will be interesting to see at which point they close the current entrance off, and switch to the alternative one. The new entrance was been given a good clean when we were leaving.

I will post an update when we go back at the end of May and see if anything else is happening.

What do EP class as a guest house? As in how would it differ from the hotels?

Also what ever happened to the one that used to be situated in the park?

What do EP class as a guest house? As in how would it differ from the hotels?

Also what ever happened to the one that used to be situated in the park?

The one in the park is now squashed between German ally and volatarium, it’s used for staff now.

I would assume the guest house will be basic rooms but with a bathroom.

Spent to much time going through the EP Fans thread, and reading through the document Rob shared in December to not really learn anything that Rob has not already shared. I did come across this image, which shows a lot more detail what the potential new layout of the camp site is going to look like.
1712518573575.png

As soon as construction of the restaurant begins, the new entrance to the camp site will have to be used from what I can see, but the camp site looks setup to handle this already.

The camp site is still available to book until middle of January 2025, but I am curious how they are going to switch the tent area with the campervan area without losing capacity. I assume they will do this during Autumn and over the Winter period, when there is less demand for camping. I wonder if the plan is to get the new campervan plots sorted out first, and then build the new hotel?

I also really like the idea of a round about as part of the entrance, and I am sure they will come up with something very creative for the centre piece. With the hotel in the background, it has the potential to be a really impressive entrance to the camp site.

Come 2026, the camp site is going to look really different compared to today.