• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Ocean: New Forbidden Valley Flat Ride

All looks great but they do need to get some better contractors, compared to many other construction projects I follow around the world they’re insanely slow. This is all my opinion and I can be of course wrong so feel free to challenge my mindset. But I feel this could potentially be deliberate, like many companies I’ve had first hand experience in construction where they deliberately drag out their jobs, add more remedial works to make more money from a bigger corporation as no one questions it not being closely monitored?

I’m not sure if it’s the same construction company but nemeses and forbidden valley went well over there allocated timeframe, it wasn’t even finished for opening day and they started well in advance before last year closing season? I believe it also went completely went over budget and still elements like the water falls and galactic are incomplete. I understand problems arise and weather comes into this but other bigger projects I’ve followed have been completely far more efficiently regardless of the climate. So I’m sorry foundations for a flat ride I don’t believe should take this long and I feel Merlin should look more into this if they’re going to be so tight on their budgets.

I cannot wait for the sky ride works to be completely as that would be sucking so much money out of there capex.

I think the issue is two fold.

1) it’s in the middle of a public access area so they can only bring material on and off site before and after the park is closed.

2) pretty sure the deer wall runs behind the site and that’s protected so they probably have to be a little cautious.

I believe it also went completely went over budget and still elements like the water falls and galactic are incomplete.
Citation very much needed here. I don't believe that there's ever been confirmation that the water falls were to be refurbished / included, and I certainly don't recall a Galactica overhaul either.

The Nemesis Reborn construction suffered a slight set back when some of the track didn't fit correctly, which is why you see the unused pieces dotted around the queue line.