• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Age to stay in the hotel alone

tactic

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Wickerman
How old do you have to be to stay in the hotel without an adult?

Me and a mate are planning a trip to towers for 2 days and want to stay in the stargazing pods for a night. We are both 16 and are not sure if we are allowed to stay in the hotel without an adult as the website for the hotel classes an adult as 16+

How old do you have to be to stay in the hotel without an adult?

Me and a mate are planning a trip to towers for 2 days and want to stay in the stargazing pods for a night. We are both 16 and are not sure if we are allowed to stay in the hotel without an adult as the website for the hotel classes an adult as 16+
16+ means sixteen or over, so you're fine!

The T&C’s do state that there needs to be an over 18. No idea how seriously this is enforced:

For the safety of all our guests, no child or children under the age of 18 will be admitted to the Accommodation unless accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or over and such child or children whilst on site must remain under the control or supervision of an adult at all times. Merlin reserves the right, in its absolute discretion to change the age restrictions referred to in this condition, if any particular circumstances so require in the interests of safety and security.

Considering you now check in using the self service machines, I highly doubt that it is enforced at all! Although having said that, I've no idea whether or not those machines are used for the Pods.

Ok thanks, i mean we are both 6 foot 4 so easily pass for over 18 i think. I’ll probably risk it to be honest!

I stayed on site alone when I was 16 and had no issues, so you should be fine.
hi, did you have to show ID or anything as me and my friends want to go and stay in the star gazing pods but without a parent, we are 16 would they let us in?

hi, did you have to show ID or anything as me and my friends want to go and stay in the star gazing pods but without a parent, we are 16 would they let us in?
I don't remember having to prove my age at all - was a while back so I can't say for certain, and there's a chance it might have changed by then.

When me and my mate both 16 went to stay in the stargazing pods alone they didn’t even ask for id it was all fine. On the terms and conditions of the website it says you need to bring a signed letter of consent from a parent or guardian saying you can stay alone so i would bring that just in case but it should be fine.

When me and my mate both 16 went to stay in the stargazing pods alone they didn’t even ask for id it was all fine. On the terms and conditions of the website it says you need to bring a signed letter of consent from a parent or guardian saying you can stay alone so i would bring that just in case but it should be fine.
thanks , how long ago was it use went?