• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

All LegoLands to receive a LEGO MOVIE LAND

CSLKenny

TS Member
As part of the Merlin announcements today it was announced that from 2019 onwards all Legolands will receive a LEGO MOVIE LAND. This accompanying concept art gives an idea of what attractions to expect.
legomovieland-visual.jpg

I assume the lands will differ from park to park since some Legolands already have a splash battle.
Flying Theatre? - aren't these rather expensive? Surprised to see Merlin dishing out (or at least considering it) on such hardware.

I'm surprised this idea has taken so long to surface. I'd love for these areas to turn into something special, but given the announcement of cuts I won't hold my breath.

What a waste. By the time these lands are open, the kids who care about TLM will have grown up and entered "the dark ages" (that stage in your teens when you feel like you can't be seen to play with Lego even though it's still really fun. I think mine lasted about two days.)

The plans windsor have submitted for planning permission does include a new land for 2019 which I guess will be a lego movie land. The plans showed two smaller outdoor flat style rides and a large indoor ride, which could be a flying theatre but the plans did indicate it could possibly be an indoor coaster. At least doesn't look like a splash battle is planned for Windsor!

Flying Theatre? - aren't these rather expensive? Surprised to see Merlin dishing out (or at least considering it) on such hardware.
After the announcements I can probably imagine that they'll buy the SeaWorld parks, rip out all the Wild Arctic rides and send them to the LEGOLAND parks. Gives them a simulator that just barely resembles a flying theatre, and it gives Merlin a bigger return on investment than a load of brand new flying theatres. ;)

On a serious note, I don't think Merlin will want to opt for hugely expensive dark ride hardware after the financial announcement.

Planned investment in the lego parks isn't affected by the £100m capex reduction, that's coming from midway and resort theme parks.

Besides, the amount of cheap ones now available, we could see some of those Chinese manufacturers finally getting their day in the Merlin sun!

Anybody who has seen the 4D movie in the parks will be thinking Brickworld.
Lord Business and his host of robots making a shoddily constructed park and trying to hypnotise the guests with VIP passes...
One could read that movie as quite a subversive commentary on Merlins approach.

I wouldn't say no to MetalBeard's Pirate Plunder Danger Cave though...