• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers coin collection

These were available between 2004-2006 I believe. Here's what it says on the back: "The perfect souvenir of your visit to Alton Towers, these 22 carat gold plated coins depict 5 of the key attractions in the park, so why not collect the set!!"

They were priced at £3.00 a piece at the time. I only ever collected the Alton Towers Hotel and Splash Landings Hotel ones.

snapshot.jpg

There's a pretty Tussauds Alton Towers logo on the back too:
snapshot2.jpg

Apologies for the dire quality. I'll take some better photos (with a higher quality camera that doesn't flip the images :p ) later this week and post up.

I do believe I have a full set of these at home somewhere!

They were a nice little bit of merch back in the day, my only issue with them was that the Nemesis coin looked totally un nemmie like, and didn't fit in with the idea of the ride at all.

For those who never saw it it was simply the name of the ride with a few stars around it on one side of the coin.