• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers, Pass Holders Or Frequent Visitors?

SW7

TS Member
Hey guys,

New on here. I'm a platinum passholder and go alton towers once a week. People think I'm crazy going so often but I love it, nobody will stop my passion for theme parks, Wondering how many others go weekly or is it just me!

Thanks

Welcome @SW7! If you like going once a week, full props to you for getting good value for money out of that platinum pass!

I'm assuming you live close to Alton Towers? I sadly live too far away to visit at anywhere near that frequency, being a 2.5 hour drive away on a good run, but if I lived locally to the park, I would visit Alton far more often than I do. Maybe not once a week, but I'd definitely get an annual pass and pop in at least once a month or so.

Used to do Blackpool once a week roughly, but geography means no chance with the Towers, especially so with no skyride for the less mobile.
If Merlin had repaired the skyride in a timely manner, I would have certainly had a Merlin pass of some description, visiting every couple of weeks in the low season.

Reactions: SW7
I have an older monthly Premium pass that costs me £11.99 a month. I live fairly close to @Matt N I think and am about 2hrs away from Towers. With the usual opening weekend visit, Mardi Gras (if it comes back), Oktoberfest weekend, Scarefest and Fireworks weekend, those visits pretty much pay for the pass and that's without even thinking about visiting other Merlin attractions!

Back when I used to work there I would visit about once a week on my days off. I had an Alton Towers pass although sometimes just used the staff entrance 😂. I did that for a few years. There was something special about going on your own, just walking around soaking up the atmosphere and riding things on your own schedule.

Alas I now have proper responsibilities and live a long way from the park, but still have fond memories of those times.

Hey guys,

New on here. I'm a platinum passholder and go alton towers once a week. People think I'm crazy going so often but I love it, nobody will stop my passion for theme parks, Wondering how many others go weekly or is it just me!

Thanks
My pass ran out 16th August and from March to August I managed 36 trips so I’m the same as you

Welcome @SW7! If you like going once a week, full props to you for getting good value for money out of that platinum pass!

I'm assuming you live close to Alton Towers? I sadly live too far away to visit at anywhere near that frequency, being a 2.5 hour drive away on a good run, but if I lived locally to the park, I would visit Alton far more often than I do. Maybe not once a week, but I'd definitely get an annual pass and pop in at least once a month or so.

Yeah man I live 1 hour from the park not far!

My pass ran out 16th August and from March to August I managed 36 trips so I’m the same as you
That's awesome man, honestly love alton towers, you live close to the park aswell?

That's awesome man, honestly love alton towers, you live close to the park aswell?
About 45 mins away so used to go 2 or 3 times every week. Working full time now I’ve finished Uni so I won’t be going more than once a year now unfortunately. I could go at weekends but there’s no point with the queues

For me, I'm a Merlin Platinum Passholder since earlier this year and had been a Thorpe Gold Passholder the previous year.

I go to Thorpe Park frequently (I can't say for sure how often but I'd say it's most weeks with occasional breaks in between) so get the value out of my pass from those visits.

I have been able to visit Chessington every now and again since going to Merlin Platinum and am looking to do Towers at some point before the pass is up for renewal.

For me, I'm a Merlin Platinum Passholder since earlier this year and had been a Thorpe Gold Passholder the previous year.

I go to Thorpe Park frequently (I can't say for sure how often but I'd say it's most weeks with occasional breaks in between) so get the value out of my pass from those visits.

I have been able to visit Chessington every now and again since going to Merlin Platinum and am looking to do Towers at some point before the pass is up for renewal.
That's awesome dude, I'm going Thorpe park this coming Sunday/Monday can't wait 😀 I'd rather drive to Alton Towers weekly, than battle the traffic driving down towards London, but I need to re ride hyperia only done it twice this year 😂

Last edited: