• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton towers!

Hi all, I’m Rachael.

This is my first trip report so I hope it’s ok!

So I went to Alton Towers last week and braved it alone (My husband took care of our animals at home for me so I could make the trip).

I had 2 days in the park and stayed at the Alton Towers hotel (Artic Explorer room).

I decided to purchase fast track as I wasn’t sure how busy the park would be (I didn’t really need it although the smiler had a consistent 45minute queue throughout the day so it was handy for that!)

I wasn’t impressed with fast pass operations on The Wickerman but apart from that things were fine.

I wasn’t all that impressed with curse at Alton Manor. There were a few good effects but a bit too many ‘filler’ props (it’s the only way I can describe them). I’ve had a few paranormal experiences so ‘scary’ stuff usually freaks me out. This didn’t (apart from the mirror effects).

Despite the park opening hours being 10-4pm, I still managed to ride:

Wickerman 6 times
Smiler 5 times
Oblivion twice
Rita twice
Galactica twice
Mine train once
Spinball once
Curse of Alton Manor twice

Thirteen was down that day so is the reason why I didn’t ride it.

The hotel was very nice although I did have to ask to be moved due to a lot of noise next door to me. A comfy bed and ear plugs meant I got a good night sleep in a different room!

The next day I rode:

Wickerman twice
Smiler once
Thirteen once
Nemesis sub terra once

Before heading back home at around 1pm (long drive). Purchasing some merch was a must!

All in all, despite a few glitches I had a good time. Nemesis is looking fantastic and can’t wait to ride it again next year!

I vlogged my day so I hope it’s ok to post here.

For anyone worried about going to a theme park alone. Don’t worry! It’s a lot of fun being able to go at your own pace, riding what you want and taking advantage of single rider queue’s. I had a really good time!

Last edited: