• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton’s Project Sparkle

I have worked with Bose systems : 802,s and 302's in nightclubs and they sound terrible even when using the Bose controller. They lack bass and will routinely blow drivers.

In the Dj / club forums Bose is referred to as the acronym "Bring Other Sound Equipment".

I personally have Ohm TRS 212 and BR 218 subs and they are amazing and give bass that Bose just simply cant deliver.

I have been to places with Ohm speakers installed and all have sounded very impressive and clear with deep bass.

Look at Merlin Parks:

Bose used on Air : speakers crackle and were blown and rattling in year one.
Hex: Bose system: sounded good for a while and then has been appalling ever since: Replaced with Ohm but by the looks of it a £20 budget was assigned and as a result still sounds terrible.
Towers street : had Bose and now sounds much better and clearer with Ohm.
Scarefest: OHM TRS 218 subs used for that earth shuddering bass in Mazes.
Fireworks: Has been Ohm systems for many years and has never been BOSE from memory
Outdoor Events at the towers : Ohm systems used on the stages and sound good even outdoors which is hard to achieve
Wickerman: Ohm subs again and mid tops...still sounds amazing today : Only negative is lift hill which speakers stopped after 1 week but could have just been turned off.
Nemesis Inferno: Bose :Awful sub cannons which fart and pop in the station.
Oblivion Queue line speaker with metal surrounds: All crackle and distort and all Bose.

I think this should be enough to cover the difference between Bose & Ohm now Omega.
Sounds like Bose have really gone downhill in terms of sound quality

Last edited:
Sounds like Bose have really gone downhill in terms of sound quality
The last Bose install at Towers was for Smiler and I've never considered it to sound good, the coverage in the queue line is very uneven as a starter. However I will say that the older Bose installs in the parks (90s - early 00s) were impressive thanks to the careful placement and the fine tuning involved, at least when everything was working as intended. Inferno was chest shaking in it's early years and we all know how Hex once was.

Will say I much prefer how the Ohm/Omega stuff at Towers is generally configuered and how it sounds compared to the EV/RCF speakers at Thorpe. Since Thorpe ripped out their Bose system the sound clashes between areas have become horrible, there's patches where you can now hear three different soundtracks at once. The RCF speakers are also very brash sounding and poorly placed, standing next them blaring is painful.

Walliams world seems largely untouched by the Sparkle project. For a newish are it's already looking tired. How long do we think this area has left, I think it more than a lick of paint

Walliams world seems largely untouched by the Sparkle project. For a newish are it's already looking tired. How long do we think this area has left, I think it more than a lick of paint
There hasn't been a "sparkle project"

I don't see Walliams changing significantly until Horizon opens in which case more paint will be put on the paint.